Chapter 36

"Marry me."

I looked down at my hand to make sure my ring was still on my finger and I wasn't just dreaming of him proposing to me.

"Baby, I already agreed to marry you."

"But, we never agreed on a date."

I shrugged before wrapping my arms around his torso and staring up at him. "If that's when you want to make me Mrs. Morello, I'm fine with that. Just know that after that you're stuck with me forever." I said in my best Cardi B voice.

"I'm already stuck with you. You just make sure you know that you're stuck with me. Ain't no getting out of this thing. So, speak now or forever hold your peace."

"You threatening me?" I pinched his sides.

"Nope. That's a promise." He responded slapping my butt and realized his mistake not even a second later.

"Ow!" I went to punch him when he caught my hand and pulled me closer to him.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry. I forgot." He apologized while trying not to laugh at my obvious discomfort.

"Aiden, I'm gonna kill you." I gritted as I tried to release myself from his hold.

"I'm sorry. I'll give you a butt massage when we get home. Will that make you feel better?" I knew he wasn't going to let me go out of fear of me hitting him, so I settled for glaring at him before nodding.

He hesitantly released me and I moved away from him. I took a while longer to walk around my new salon and began to take note of all of the things that I would need to get it up and running.

"Okay, I'm ready to go now." I said through a yawn.

"Well, let's go, my love." He lead me out of the building and locked up behind himself. As soon as he turned around I cocked back and punched him in the arm.

"Fuck! You hit like a dude!" He gritted rubbing his bicep.

"That's what you get. Keep your hands to yourself."

"I can't." He whined as he wrapped his arms around me from behind and damn near carried me to the car. After opening my door and allowing me to get in, he jogged around the front and got in himself.

He started the car and the engine roared to life. We rode home in a comfortable silence, with only the sounds of one of Jay Z's old albums. In no time, we were pulling into the garage of Aiden's building. We quickly made our way upstairs and into the condo.

"You about to go to bed?" He questioned.

"After I get in the shower, yeah. Why?"

"No reason. I'm gonna join you."

I nodded before ascending the stairs with him hot on my trail. After stripping out of our clothes, we got into the shower and washed away the day. After washing, we got out and I dried off and pulled on a pair of lace panties and one of Aiden's long sleeve t-shirts before getting into bed.

Aiden emerged from the bathroom shortly after dressed in only a pair of basketball shorts and got into bed. I immediately laid on top of him and got comfortable in his warmth.

"You can get to rubbing, Morello." I said with my face buried in his neck.

He laughed a little before trailing his hands down my body until he reached my butt and began to massage it gently.

"You getting kinda thick, baby."

"I know. I think it's the squats." I answered. I was enjoying the massage and I'm sure I was going to be asleep soon.