Chapter 35

"Devyn... Devyn..."

I was being shaken awake by who I presumed was Aiden. I was still laying on his chest, so I felt vibrations whenever he spoke.

"Hm?" I answered not bothering to open my eyes or sit up.

He had worn me out and now all I wanted to do was sleep.

"Don't you have to get to the salon today?" He reminded.

The night before, I had talked to Miss Belle about coming back to the shop, again, and she was all for it. As soon as I got the okay, I wasted no time in scheduling appointments and had five lined up for today to get me back in the swing of things.

"What time is it?" Is what I thought I said, but apparently all that came out was mumbling.

He laughed at me before pulling some hair out of my face.

"I don't know what the hell you just said, but you're gonna be late if you keep laying around here."

He began to rub my back then, as usual, ran his hands further down until he was gripping my butt.

I jumped and hit him in the chest. "Ouch! Don't touch it."

"What?" He was so confused.

"My ass is still sore, you asshole."

"Seriously? I didn't think I hit you that hard. I'm sorry. Want me to kiss it for you?"

"No." I stated definitively. I gave him a death glare before I pushed myself up from the bed and made my way to the bathroom.

"Oh, damn! It is red." I looked back at him and he was staring at my butt with a shocked expression on his face.

Turning around, I proceeded into the bathroom to get my day started. I grabbed my toothbrush and put a glob of toothpaste onto the bristles before brushing my teeth.

Just as I spit out the foaming toothpaste that was in my mouth, Aiden walked in.

"Hey beautiful."

"What do you want?" I questioned, as I went back to brushing.

Aiden wrapped his arms around me from behind and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"I'm really sorry." He kissed my neck then looked at me through the mirror. "I got a little carried away. I didn't mean to hurt you like that."

"It's fine." I responded after spitting out the rest of the toothpaste and rinsing out my mouth.

He shook his head. "Let me make it up to you."

"And how are you going to do that, Mr. Morello?"

"Well, Mrs. Morello -- God I love how that sounds. I don't know yet, but I'll figure something out. Give me a little time to think of something."

"If you say so." I grabbed my face wash off of the counter and began to rub it onto my face in small circles. "Now, get out. I have to get out of here soon and you are distracting me."

He put a fake hurt expression on his face before turning to leave. Before he step out he turned around and jogged back over to me. He dropped down onto his knees and placed a kiss on the sore cheek before getting up and jogging back out. I only shook my head at him as I continued my morning routine.

About half an hour later I was dressed and ready to go. Since I had less the twenty minutes to get to the salon, I opted to dress casually in a grey v-neck, ripped black skinny jeans, and my burgundy adidas nmd sneakers. I quickly braided a flat twist crown in the front of my head and pulled the rest into a messy bun.