Chapter Seven - The Healer's Warning

The half-breed was sound asleep when something wet hit her skin. Her nose crinkled as the wetness continued to hit her face more frequently and she opened her eyes to see that it was morning and on top of that, it was raining. Maura let out a groan sitting up to see the dwarves grumbling as they packing up before everything got totally wet. The woman glance across the fire-pit that was out and saw her satchel was open and she got up from her spot and she let out a low growl, to see her supplies was drenched.

"What's wrong lass?" Oin asked as he came up behind her, holding his listening device to his ear and caught the tale end of her grumble she let escape from her mouth. Maura stood back up, not turning around but annoyed.

"Someone was in my supplies and forgot to close my bag and now everything is wet and useless." She growled, slowly turning around to face the other healer. "Know anything about that Oin?" She questioned, raising an eyebrow. 

"I just got a little curious lass, to see what yah use, is all" Oin bickered defensively. 

"Well, you could have at-least closed it back up, when you were done snooping. My stuff would be still dry." 

"Don't you worry lass, you can use my supplies." Oin offered and the half-breed just continued to glare at him.

"We have to stop in Rivendell. It's on our way. I'll just get more supplies there." She declared.

"We are going nowhere near that place." Thorin hissed as he walked by them. 

"Why not? What do you have against the elves?" Maura dared asked.

"We are not going there. Let's move!" Thorin ordered and he walked away from the two healers over to his pony. He turned to his side when he heard Dwalin snickering. "What's so funny?" Thorin asked. 

"Quite feisty this one is." Dwalin chuckled only to stop when he saw the crossed look on the princes's face. 

"Well this 'feisty one' is going to have to learn her place on this quest. She is only with us, because she's a healer. If it were up to me I would have left without them both." Thorin hissed while climbing onto his pony. The dwarves followed suite. Maura grabbed her satchel and climbed onto her pony named(Shadow) and they trudged along the path in the rain, the sound of continuous splashing was the only thing to be heard along with the rain. The hobbit tried to make conversation with his aunt, but it was clear she was not in a talking mood from the morning event and he decided it would be best to leave her to thoughts until she calmed down and he wandered further up and talked with the wizard. He asked him all sorts of questions, wondering if their were others like him in the world and what they were like. 

Maura trailed behind the others in deep thought. Hoping that, once the sun came out. If she allowed her supplies to dry, it may still be usable and not a complete waste. Since the arrogant leader wouldn't step foot in Rivendell. Why? She had yet to figure that one out still. 

The rain had finally cleared off and the sun was out. The half-breed's mood had lightened up. She hoped when they finally stop for the day, their would still be some light to dry her supplies. The dwarf prince decided to look behind him, to see how the woman was doing since this morning and he saw that she seemed more relaxed and was even talking now, with Balin. What about? He didn't know and he turned away just as she looked up when she thought someone was watching her. Maura was hoping she could convince the white bearded dwarf to tell her what Thorin had against Rivendell, but the elder dwarf was harder to get information out of than she thought. 

Maura took in her surroundings and recognize where they were. They were travelling through a place that was covered in overgrown grass, surrounded by ruins and a house that she remembered that didn't look like the way it did now; when she had traveled through here. She could remember the family that lived in that house. They had a young son that was only 4 named Sam. They had always welcomed her to stay whenever she was passing through to get her supplies. Maura had saved their son when he was extremely ill and she had made a remedy and it had cured him of his sickness and the family didn't know how to repay her. The healer didn't need payment or want it. She got joy just from healing the person back to health, but accepted their offer of always stopping in on her way.