Chapter Fifteen - A Moment of Weakness

The company struggled to get out from under the other. Maura happened to be one of the few that didn't get squashed by another member and when she removed the messy strands of her hair out of the way of her eyes, the only thing the dwarves heard was the startling screams coming from their healer and saw at least a dozen short, hideous, brown-skinned creatures charging right at them. Struggling to get free, the nasty-beings began attacking them, climbing all over them; doing everything possible to keep the dwarves from pulling out their weapons to fight back. Once disarmed of their weapons the goblins began tearing the company one by one out of the pile. However, Dwalin managed to get his arms loose from the creatures hold and smashed his fist into the next one that charged at him, cursing at the same time. Maura flailed her arms trying to fight off two goblins, but she quickly became exhausted and the two goblins over powered her; one knocking it's grubby fist against her head, causing her to blackout. "Maura!"

Thorin was busy trying to fight off three goblins of his own when he heard his eldest nephew shouting the woman's name and he turned to see two goblins starting to drag the healer across the unstable bridge. More dwarves began to shout when they saw the young woman being taken away. The rest of the company eventually ended up being taken across the bridge not far behind the woman; except for Bilbo. He managed to keep himself hidden from the dozen of goblins and the hobbit watched the last two creatures disappear down the bridge with the companies weapons.

The filth's led the company through the tunnels. The odd goblin carrying a torch to light the way through the darkness. The dwarves were continuously shoved and dragged as they fought to get free. The condition of the healer was unknown at the moment; she was gaining scraps and bruises by the minute as the creatures continued to drag her across the rough surface of the wooden bridge. To the company it felt like hours had gone by being led through the darkness, only seeing the outlines of the walls from the light of the torches. Nearing another corner, the dwarves saw light ahead and once around the corner they saw at least over a hundred goblins covering the walls; yelling and screeching in victory to see what their brothers had found on their late night patrol of the tunnels. This turn of event's only caused the dwarves to struggle even more, except for a few like Thorin who knew it was no use wasting their strength when they were completely outnumbered and now had no weapons, which also meant no chance of escaping. A horrendous noise pierced the area, which caused the company to cover their ears from the horrid sound. 

Further down the rickety bridge the company was thrust forward into a massive cavern and tugged to a stop before the throne of the goblin king himself. The goblin minions covered every surface available beating on their improvised instruments and and singing something terrible that only promised of torture and death in their city. A few of the kings lesser goblins that were dragging the companies healer tossed her unconscious form to the ground and stood before the king, hoping they would not get crushed in the process. Kili and Fili both were at the young woman's side, Kili had her propped up against him as Fili tried to wake her up quietly, so he wouldn't try attention to the fact that they had a woman with them. Thorin took a quick look around to make sure his men were not hurt and kept a close eye on their new threat that towered over them. The singing eventually came to an end, and the goblin king heaved his bulk off the chair he was seated on, nearly crushing several of his minions in the process and smashing aside any that did not move fast enough. 

"Who would be so bold as to come armed into my domain?" he thundered at them. Eyeing them all suspiciously.

"Dwarves your malevolence." One of his people answered. 

"Dwarves? Well don't just stand there! Search them! Every crack, every crevice!" the king ordered. The minion's wasted no time and began searching every inch of the dwarves to see what all they had. Fili and Kili did everything possible to protect Maura from being discovered and in no time the company was completely stripped of their belongs and the giant goblin stomped closer to address them, staring down at them with his murderous eyes. "What are you doing in these parts?"