Chapter Eleven - Dining With Elves

The pathway was not easy to get through. It was a narrow road that laid between two stone wall and few times, Dwalin and Thorin had to push Bombur, to get him through. However, the road soon turned one last corner and opened up to a beautiful city that sat in the valley below. The company stood on the steps as they looked at the sight below them. Maura was always taken by the beauty of this peaceful valley. The hobbit joined his aunt on the step she was on and was in awe. " The Valley of Imraldis. In the Common Tongue, it's known by another name," Gandalf explained as he stood behind the group along with Thorin. 

"Rivendell," Bilbo breathed.The young lad had dreamed he would one day see this great Elven land. However, he wished it was under different circumstances. The dwarves were against this - especially the leader and Thorin glared at the elven cursed city with such hatred and finally turned around to look at the wizard and demand to know why.

"This was your plan all along, to seek refuge with our enemy." Thorin growled, making his distaste for this race very clear.

" You have no enemy here, Thorin Oakenshield," Gandalf replied, remaining completely calm, but Maura was not impressed with the way Thorin was accusing her friends that he had never met. 

"The only ill-will to be found in this valley is that which you bring yourself." Maura sneered at him, and he turned to look at her with a serious face and he approached her, and she took a step back from him. 

"You think your friends will give our quest their blessing? They will try to stop us," Thorin growled, his eyes looking at her with such rage.

"Of course they will." The wizard interrupted before things got out of hand between the two of them. "We have questions that need to be answered. If we are to be successful, this will need to be handled with tact and respect and no small degree of charm. Which is why you will leave the talking to myself and Maura." The wizard advised. 

"Absolutely not." Thorin said. " I will not have her interfere with our affairs."

"Well, then. I think I'll be heading into Rivendell now. Bilbo, come with me please." Maura instructed and motioned for the hobbit to go on a head and she shot Thorin one last glare before disappearing down the steps. 

" Thorin, Maura's influences with the elves would be of great use to us right now. Having her presences, might just persuade Lord Elrond to give us the answer we seek. We need Maura more then you realize." Gandalf argued. 

"Funny. I'm still not convinced she's the greatest asset, your making her out to be. The only thing she has proven is that she is a cheeky, insolent distraction." Thorin spat and he stomped passed the wizard, before he could say anything else. The other's followed close behind leaving the wizard the last to follow but not before he let out a grumble.

" Save me from the stubbornness of dwarves." 

"As the company reached the city, they saw the young healer standing on a platform with the hobbit, who was looking at everything, even smiling a little. Only the dwarves remained tense, holding their weapons just encase, as the elves started to emerge from their homes to see who their new arrivals were. 

"Mithrandir," An elf said, walking down the stairs towards them. 

"Ah, Lindir," Gandalf replied back happily. Thorin was at the front of the group, with Dwalin by his side and Maura looked over when Thorin whispered something to him. 

"Stay Sharp," Thorin whispered.

"Lastannem i athrannedh i Vruinen," Lindir continued, speaking in Elvish. 

"I must speak with Lord Elrond," Gandalf informed the elf.

"My Lord Elrond is not here," The elf replied.