Chapter Sixteen: Yearbook

Rouge's POV~
Once it was time for homeroom, all of us seniors reported to the library.
As soon as I walked in, I started looking for Shadow, and there he was, at a table in the back.
I went and sat in the chair beside him. I scooted closer and he put his hand on my thigh.
Well, it's not like anyone can see.
"Shadow, how's Vector?"
He paused, "I think he'll be back to school this upcoming Monday."
"That's good. Is he doing any better?"
"I don't know."
I sighed.
Poor Vector.
"Alright, ladies and germs," the counsellor announced as the final students found a table to sit at, "It's that time of year again. It's time to vote for 'Who's Who' for the yearbook. Now, there are nine categories: Teacher's Pet, Best Athlete, Biggest Flirt, Prettiest Smile, Best Dressed, Class Clown, Most Likely To Succeed, Most School Spirit, and last but not least, Cutest Couple."
'Cutest Couple'? We should get that!
"Now," he continued, "You are allowed to win two categories, and there will be two winners in each category, a boy and a girl."
The counsellor and a few other teachers passed out a sheet of paper with all the categories on it.
Once we all voted and turned our papers in, we were sent back to class.
"Which guy did you vote for in the 'Biggest Flirt' category?" Amy asked as we walked down the hallway.
"Espio, of course," I said bluntly, "Even though it would be more accurate if the category was 'Biggest Sleaze'."
We both giggled at the thought of it. A 'Biggest Sleaze' category, going to the best of the best; Espio.
I turned around to see where Shadow was, Sonic was talking to him. It looked like it must've been important, so I decided to just go back to class.
Once it was almost time for school to end, the intercom came on:
"Attention, Seniors, the votes are in for 'Who's Who'. If your name is called, pictures will be taken for the yearbook on Thursday."
Amy and I looked at each other, we sat there quietly and listened to the results: