=24=

JB's P.O.V

I finally landed in New York after that long plane ride, now all I have to do is find Greenville Hospital. I picked up my luggage and grabbed a cab, it was so hard to do after passing about 20 taxis, one finally stopped "Take me to Greenville hospital" he nodded and started driving. I would always keep American dollars in my wallet just in case and I was lucky to have it, the ride cost me about $60 but it got me to Max so I don't care. I came here to fix Mark's mistakes, to put her back together, I arrived at the hospital. I got out the cab and walked in should I get her a gift? I'm getting her a gift I went into the gift shop and got her a big teddy bear with a heart that said 'get well soon'.

I payed for it and went to the front desk "How can I help you, sir?" The lady asked "I came here to visit Maxine Addams, can you tell me what room she is in?" "Only family and spouses can enter, what relation are you to her?" Shit, gotta make something up "I'm her fiancé" "Ok, fourth floor room 162" I nodded and walked towards the elevator. I pressed the fourth floor and waited, it came to a stop and I got out, looking for the room number. 179, 160, 161 ah! 162 I knocked on the door "Come in!" I opened the door to see Andrew sitting on the chair next to a hospital where Max laid, she wasn't hooked up to an IV, which I was thankful for because then I would freak out. "Max?" She turned her towards me and gave me a small smile, I handed her the teddy bear "Thank you" her voice was raspy like she had been crying "I'm going to leave you two alone" with that Andrew left. I sat down next to her "Max, why do you do it?" She lowered her head and turned away from me.

I gently grabbed her chin to make her look at me "Why?" "I just got tired of things, Mark started being mean to me and didn't care about me anymore, I snapped and lost all feeling" I rubbed her cheek with my thumb "Forget about Mark, I'm going to be here for 2 weeks and once you get out we're going to have fun, okay?" She nodded. "Do you like the teddy bear?" She nodded and snuggled into it, I laughed a bit. "Jaebum, why does Mark hate me now?" I gave her a little glare about mentioning Mark but answered her anyway "He probably thinks you're like his ex girlfriend, he hasn't been in a relationship in so long, he always pushes them away or accuses them of something they didn't know about." She nodded and sat up, swinging her feet on the edge of the bed "Wait did you fly from Korea?" I nodded "Are you tired?" "A bit" "Then you should go to a hotel, I'll still be here, I'm getting out tomorrow, I'll go visit you" I gave her a weary look. She laid back down and yawned "Are you tired?" She nodded "I'll leave when you fall asleep, okay?" She nodded and closed her eyes.

She snuggled with the teddy bear, her brother came in and mouthed to me 'come out here' I slowly and quietly got up and headed out the door "Yeah?" "I'm going to go and get her some clothes, stay here with her please, keep an eye on her, I'll be back soon" I nodded and went back into the room, Max was sleeping. I kissed her forehead and sat down next to her, I laid head on her bed and yawned "Jaebum" I jumped at the sound of Max, I looked up "Lay on the bed with me" she scooted over so I could fit. Her back was to chest, I wrapped my arm around her waist and snuggled into her neck while she still snuggled with the bear. "Thanks for coming to see me" I nodded and then I remembered something, I told the lady at the desk I was Max's fiancé "Hey Max?" I asked and she hummed in reply "If someone asks about a fiancé, it's because I had to tell the woman at the front desk I was so I could see you" she nodded. "You're not mad?" "Why would I be? You came here all the way from Korea to see me, I can't be mad at you" I smiled.

We stayed in silence for a while, I felt her breathing slow and her body warm up I then fell asleep in her warmth.