1 ~ leaving

There it was. The most annoying sound on the entire planet... your alarm clock. You sighed and violently slammed your fist on top of the clock, making it stop. You yawned and sat up while rubbing your eyes. Suddenly you realised something, you'll be going back to Hogwarts! Finally!

You smiled and got up. You grabbed your brush and started doing you hair, putting it up in a messy bun. You quickly slipped into your clothes and rushed downstairs with a huge smile on your face.

You hated summer holidays and winter holidays. Your parents were always working. They didn't have time for you at all. No presents during your birthday, not presents during Christmas, no time to do something with you, just work. All day long.

You walked into the dining room and one of your house elfs brought you some breakfast. Some egg and toast for you today.

'Thank you.' You smiled.

'No problem mistress. Enjoy.' He said before walking away.

You started eating it. It was so quiet around you. You got used to it though. You weren't allowed to have muggle friends. Your family was pureblood.
The sound of your owl flying into the dining room got you out your thoughts.

'Hi <name your owl (it's a girl) >!'

She sat down behind your plate and started eating some toast crumbs from your plate. You giggled.

Your owl was the only thing keeping you company in this house. She was really close with you. She would never escape and she could fly around your room all day without braking any thing. She loved to gather letters from your friends and fly away as soon as you replied. But she liked you the most. She loved to sit on your shoulder or lap and get pet and get attention.

'Come here Y/O/N... I'll take you upstairs and give you some food.'

Your owl sat down on your shoulder and you left the dining room to go upstairs. You walked towards your room and she flew off your shoulder the moment you entered the room. She flew directly towards the windowsill where you had a small plate for her. You grabbed the bird food and put some on the plate. She started eating immediately.

You walled towards the bathroom and started brushing your teeth. After you were done you walked back and grabbed you luggage which you had packed yesterday. Since your parents were working, you had to walk... great. It wasn't that far... just a 20 minute walk.

'Come on Y/O/N.' She sat down on your shoulder again and you packed the last things you needed to take care of your owl.

You walked past your parents work room. You sighed. You could knock... not that they would open the door. Not that they cared that your were leaving. But you could always try. You knocked on the door.

'I'm leaving... I'll see you later... hopefully.' You whispered the last part.

They did answer and you just walked downstairs. Annoying, useless spacetakers. Why didn't they care about you?! Weren't parents supposed to be there for you? They never cared. Since you were 9 you had to do everything by your self. They didn't care whether or not you were alive. They just didn't want to get involved in your life. Stupid death eaters... busy with Lucius Malfoy all day. Draco, your best friend, also didn't  really have a dad. He was busy serving the Dark Lord together with you parents.

You slammed the door behind you and stuffed your keys in the pocket of your coat. You walked through the busy streets of Londen. You hated these streets. Everyone was calling and didn't bother paying attention to where they were walking.

Stupid muggles... always bumping into me. Get out of the way fatty! You take up space enough!

You sighed and your owl flew somewhere above you. Sometimes you wish that you were a owl. Your owl didn't have to worry about life. She didn't have to face the world all be herself. She could just fly... way above all the people. Way above all the problems.