Seven

POV: Hoseok
Class had already started, and Minji was still nowhere to be seen. I took my phone out and secretly texted her from under the table.

Hoseok: where r u minnie
Hoseok: don't ignore me
Hoseok: I'm worried about u

Minji: I'm coming back rn
Minji: don't worry hobi

Hoseok: where were u tho
Hoseok: wait no u were with yoongi weren't u

Minji: yea
Minji: I'll tell u during break
Minji: ttyl bye

Was she planning to bunk class with Yoongi? I hoped not, since I needed the answers for the maths homework, and she always got the highest marks for everything, so I would always rely on her.

"And you, Mr. Jung?" Mrs. Kim, my maths teacher, said suddenly.

"Sorry, miss, can you please repeat the question to me?" I asked sheepishly.

"I said, where is your homework?" she said crisply, pronouncing every syllable clear as a crystal. "It seems like you don't have it."

I gave her a nervous smile while slipping my phone back into my pocket, making sure that she didn't see.

"I... erm, um, I'll hand it in first thing tomorrow morning, miss, I promise!" I begged, seeing her stern face glare at me with her beady eyes.

"Detention for you, Mr. Jung!" she yelled, not caring about how loud she was being. "Also, you must hand it in tomorrow morning!"

"Yes, miss," I sighed, before going back to my work. "Thanks a lot, Minnie."

I muttered under my breath until as if by cue, she carelessly stumbled into the room with her hair messed up and her lips red and swollen.

"Miss. Lee?" Mrs. Kim asked, getting up from her desk. I saw Minji quickly fumble about with her hair, trying to neaten it.

"S-sorry I'm late, madam," she said nervously. "I was doing something, haha," she laughed wearily.

"Well, that's not good enough of an excuse for me, is it? You've never been late before, Miss. Lee, you have a perfect punctuality record. Or, at least, you did." she laughed grimly.

"I'm s-sorry, madam," she repeated again, her voice trailing off like a little mouse.

"Well, Mr. Jung, you should at least be happy that you have your friend Miss. Lee joining you in detention after school today."

Great.