Forty

POV: Yoongi
"D-do you still have feelings for Hoseok?" I asked, trying to swallow down a big lump in my throat. "Even just a little bit? Don't be scared to tell me... I won't bite. I have to admit I've said some pretty harsh things about you these past few months, so I do apologise. I'm sorry."

"N-no, I'm sorry too. I said some horrible shit too," she laughed nervously, catching my eye for a split second.

It was as if everything had gone back to normal, the way it used to be before all of the drama, even just for a tiny bit.

"And, no. I don't have feelings for him anymore. They're long gone, and I'm quite happy that I don't have to get in the way of Hoseok's relationships anymore."

"Mm-hm, that makes sense," I nodded. "I know that this would sound a bit weird and make things slightly awkward, but be honest... do you still have any feelings for me?"

She paused for a second. "No... at least, I don't think so," she shook her head. "I kinda hated you for a bit, but... but, you're okay now. And I hope you stay okay. I was just really angry with you, but I suppose it's kinda my fault."

"Ugh, I don't want to have to argue with you again about this, you know," I groaned, the thought of having to constantly bicker with Minji stuck in my head. "I really don't want to do this anymore."

"I-I know,l she looked me in the eye, taking out a hand. "I don't know what to do. I-I don't want to be a mother, I've s-screwed up big time, haven't I?"

"No. You haven't."

"Yes, I have,l she sniffed. "I've been so fucking stubborn during this whole thing, and now I've been disowned by my parents, with nothing. I've lost everything I ever had-"

"You haven't lost Hoseok, though, have you?" I raised an eyebrow.

"No... I mean, I lost him for a while, b-but I guess I've got him back now, hopefully for good."

"You know, this is all my fault. I got you pregnant in the first place... I didn't mean for that to happen, like, at all. I think it was an absolute shock to everybody."

"Don't apologise. There's nothing you, or anyone else for that matter, can do about this anymore. It's fine, I'll just deal with it. Worst case scenario, I'll have to give this baby up for adoption because I can barely afford to take care of myself, let alone another person. I just don't think I can do that. I don't want to give the kid up, but it's my only choice, isn't it? I can't take care of it," she frowned.

"Look. If you're gonna give up that child to a bunch of strangers, you might as well just give it to us. We'll take care of it, me and Hoseok. The kid is mine just as much as it's yours, it'll just have... two dads instead of one. An extra parent won't do any harm to the child, will it?" I smiled weakly. "I promise that we'll take good care of our child, okay? " she nodded. "I'll talk to Hobi about it later."