Forty Five

POV: Hoseok
"Yoongi... how's Minnie doing right now? And the baby?"

I was on the phone to Yoongi, who was probably in the hospital room right now. He had called to tell me that we finally had our little bundle of joy.

"He's absolutely adorable, you know. Precious boy. You need to see him right away, you'll just melt with cuteness!" he exclaimed loudly.

I had never heard Yoongi be so cheerful and upbeat about anything like this before, so it definitely put a smile on my face.

"What are you going to name the kid then? I mean, I'm not going to suggest a name for you two, but I'm telling you that it has to be bright and beautiful. An amazing name that would sing in the heavens one day- a name that is the definition of perfection."

"I understand," he said through the line. "We're still thinking... well, I'm still thinking, because Minji is asleep right now. She must be absolutely exhausted, so I don't want to disturb her sleep by waking her up. I think she'd like any name that we recommend her, so do you want to make any suggestions?"

"I just told you, I'm not going to name your child for you. That's your job- I don't want to screw up by giving you a name that Minji might hate."

"You know her better than me, though. You're her best friend, for goodness' sake, and I'm just some former fuckboy who messed with her. Surely your suggestions would be way better than mine just because of that alone."

"Ugh, well I don't know... hang on, let me think..."

I paused. I could only think of one name for the baby, and I knew it was a name that Minji would hold very close and dear to her heart. I didn't know if I was allowed to say the name, though.

"Hoseok? Are you there?"

"Yeah... I'm here. Just thinking."

"Well, then. What would you name him, Hoseok?"

I didn't answer immediately. Just like a pause button on a game, I wasn't in 'live' mode yet. 

"Name him Byungho. Just like his well-respected late grandfather, Lee Byungho."