Forty Eight

POV: Yoongi
They covered her face with a white sheet, and they smoothened out her hair. They gently moved her body after we whispered our last words to her.

The two of us were shaking, unstable. It was raining tears in that hospital room. I tightly held Hoseok's hand for comfort as we watched the doctors leave with her.

"She isn't actually dead, is she? She can't be... she's too strong for that- she can't be!" Hoseok sobbed, refusing to believe the harsh truth as he shook his head.

"I-I'm sorry, she is... I can't do anything about it, Hoseok," I sniffed, trying to hold back my tears. "but we need to stay strong. For Byungho. We're his two dads now, no mum. We have to raise him to be the person that Minji would have wanted him to be. For god's sake, I didn't even get to tell her what we named her son!"

At that point, I had broken down into tears that were unable to stop flowing. The two of us just kept crying and crying as we stared into the empty hospital room.

A death certificate.

We were given a death certificate, but the time of when she died was put as a simple question mark. It scared me to think that nobody knew exactly when she took her last breath and left this world.

"I... I don't even want to look at it." Hoseok turned away as I scanned the death certificate.

A doctor was standing in front of me with a slight frown and a clipboard.

"I'm sorry for your loss, sir. She would have made a wonderful mother, I'm sure," the doctor said quietly. "She was still young, the pain was too much for somebody who was still developing... she was not weak, however. She was very strong to have gotten through it like a warrior, so you must be proud of her."

We nodded slowly. "Yes..." my voice faded away. "We are."

Sorry not sorry...

lol anyway this story was getting a bit too happy so I'm spicing things up
you are welcome