Nineteen

POV: Yuna
"What song are we planning to perform for Pop Comp?" I asked during our short break.

"I dunno, me and Aejung were thinking of random lyrics the other day," Minji hummed. "I think we should just write a new song from scratch."

"Yeah, I think so too," Eunhye nodded. "Like, a love song, perhaps?" she suggested, searching through her bag to find some scrap paper and a pen. "What's the first thing that comes into your mind when you think about the word 'love'?"

Eunhye was a goddess at writing song lyrics- she really made them seem relatable, yet still something quite personal.

"Chocolates and roses!" Aejung laughed. "You know, like the romantic presents you get from boys on Valentine's Day?"

"Hmm, I personally think about love like trust and respect. Ooh, and loyalty as well. You do have the side where you give and get romantic gifts, but you've gotta give 'em something emotionally as well," Chaewon said. "But presents are still cool, though!" she giggled.

"Love is perfection. Love is the ideal thing that every girl wants in life. She wants the perfect boyfriend who will treat her right, and love her unconditionally. If love won't go to her, she would have to make her way to love herself." Minji added.

Eunhye scribbled down everything in rough notes, before looking up and turning to me.

"What about you, Yuna? What do you think when I say the word 'love' to you?" she asked. "What's the first thing that pops into your mind when I say that word? What images, thoughts or feelings would you associate with love?"

Yoongi.
Yoongi.
Yoongi.
Yoongi.
Yoongi.
Yoongi.
Yoongi.
Yoongi.

"Uhm..." I hesitated. "Realising that 'the one' was actually in front of your eyes the whole time, yet you never realised it until it came to you." I whispered.