9.14 Voice

Part I

I wrote this because I don’t want to forget in case something happens to me again

- John “Chase” Youngblood

9.14

The Voice

        The sun is shining and everything in its path gets a share of it. The grass is cut to a satisfaction, the trees rustling with leaves flying throughout the gusts of wind because its fall and I am currently sitting under one, writing on my notebook.

        A girl approaches near me, her face isn’t familiar to me and I can’t see it very well because of the sun or something but I can see that her hair is as black as a crow’s feather, her skin unexpectedly white and her eyes faintly… green?

        “Hello” She said waving her hand towards me

        “Hi” I replied still writing and not paying attention to her much

        She quickly sits near the edge of the tree a few inches away from me

        “Are you from around here?” She asked while pulling out a notebook from her backpack

        “Yeah, why do ask?” I stopped writing and looked at her.

        I don’t know why but I feel something with this girl, like a connection. I already know that this is a dream, because I have been having them these past few weeks.

        “Can you show me around, I’m kind of new”

        I stood up from my bed, my head and pillow full of leaves. I remembered that it’s the first day of school today and I can’t be late. I didn’t bother look where the leaves came from because this happens to me every now and then.

        “John, You up yet?” My mom called from downstairs.

        My name is John Chase, sixteen years old and I have been having these dreams about a girl ever since we moved here to Seabrook in South Carolina.

        I rummaged through my closet and got quickly dressed after I brush my teeth. I don’t know what people wear to school here but I’m betting that it’s not far from what I wore; a black t-shirt, jeans, black chucks, a light blue polo to go over my shirt.and a black coat since it's cold outside.