2.13 A Favor from Sam

2.13

A Favor from Sam

   These past few weeks I’ve been having some trouble remembering things, things that I think is important to me and the people around me. I have a feeling that the others know what this thing that I can’t remember is but for some reason they can’t tell me what it is. The last thing I remember before my memory became like this was a kiss, I don’t know who I kissed but it’s the only thing that I remember before I found myself hanging out at the Dairy King alone, eating ice cream that I bought for some reason. When Sam arrived, he told me that I didn’t come to school and did not come home for hours. I didn’t really need an explanation for that because I have my duties as a Hunter but I missed a whole day without having a clue where I went so it was really a big deal for me. These are the reasons why I am going to the Lake tomorrow.

Sam snaps in front of me

“What?!” I asked

“Dude, you’ve been staring at your food for a while now”

“I don’t have my appetite” I said pushing my food towards him “Here, eat it if you want”

“So, you have plans tomorrow?” He asked eating my food

“Not really, I’m just going to drive to Lake Cypress for a boat ride” I answered “Why, are you going to ask Mhyka out on a date?”

“Nope, I have something to do tomorrow” He said bluntly

“Let’s go, I have some training to do” I said standing up

“Can I come?” He asked

“Nope” I paused “No demonic people allowed” I said smiling

"B-But you are demonic" He replied

****

“You’re getting slow” Leian said parrying my practice sword

“That’s…because… I’m tired” I said slashing her

I backed few feet away from her to catch my breath.

I lunged, slashing her but she parried. I tried kicked her leg to outbalance her but she dodged and backed a few feet away from me. She lunged this time slashing from left to right, I tried to parry her but I eventually got hit on the arm…Hard.

“Ouch!” I said backing away a few feet and fell to the ground purposely

“What happened? Did I hit you hard?” Leian said throwing away her sword and now walking towards me.

Big mistake

I pushed from the ground and lunged at her, kicked her in the leg which unbalanced her and pushed her down. I pointed the sword at her neck.

“Hahaha! I won” I said pulling her up

“No fair” She said punching me in the arm

“You threw away your weapon, wrong move” I said to her smiling “Anyway let’s take a break”

   We still need one more person to participate in the Hunter games and were running out of time. If this continues, our training will be for nothing.

I sat down and saw my phone ringing. Sam was calling.

“Hello” I said picking up the phone

“John, which lake are you going to go tomorrow again?” He shouted

“Lake Cypress” I paused “Why, you want a souvenir?” I joked

“Can I ask you to do something?”

“What?” I said picking up bottled water

“My friend, left me a note on your boat but I can’t get there because for some reason it’s bounded-“

“So you want me to get the note?” I asked after I drank some water

“Yeah, but I sort of need it before night so call me when you have it and I’ll get it from you”

“I thought you said that you can’t go there?” I asked having suspicion about something

“I can… for just a moment…. So can you do it?”

“Yeah, I’ll do it”

Mhyka was sitting next to me smiling for some reason, Leian was also doing it. I don’t know why but I also found myself smiling.