10.3 The Gathering

10.3

The Gathering

        Meeting your girl- I mean Ellie’s parents is a big deal to every guy around the world. Even though I still don’t know what 'we' are yet I am doing this because of her. Finding the right clothes took me two days of shopping and finding in the mall and my dad’s closet.

        Are you ready?

        Yeah, are you?

        I’ll meet you at school

        Why?

        I’ll tell you the things you need to know before meeting them

****

        After a few minutes, I parked the convertible at the curb. I saw a girl wearing a bluish green dress, her hair was fixed in a bun loosely leaving strands of hair on the side. It was Ellie. I approached her looking all good in my folded long sleeves, black vest and dark gray pants. I notice that her eyes are glowing green tonight..

        “Hey, what did you want to tell me?” I asked now sitting beside her “You look perfect by the way”

        The smile on her face quickly vanished as she started talking

        “I want to warn you” She started

        “About what?”

        I started to get nervous of what she was going to ask me. My knees buckled and I stood there waiting for her to answer.

        “About our eyes, mostly on normal days they tend to take darker colors but at the Gathering they glow even if we’re not casting anything” She explained

        Don’t worry, yours looks beautiful

        She blushed.

        “I’m serious” She said starting to sound positive even though she’s hiding it.

        “Me too” I said smiling

****

        The Fraywood Manor on a Gathering night looked beautiful in a haunted way. Walking towards the stairs, Ellie and I saw a little girl wearing a sky blue dress. She was sitting on the stairs, her eyes are green which means she is light and her expression was so innocent she looks like a normal girl.

        When the girl saw Ellie she ran over and hugged her.

        “Sarah, this is John” She paused “he’s my…. friend”

        “Hi John!” She said shaking my hand

        “Hi” I replied looking into her green eyes

        She pulled Ellie and whispered in her ears. I don’t know why but I heard it, Sarah said “You lied, he’s not just a friend is he?”

        Ellie’s face blushed.

        “Let’s go inside!” Ellie said changing the topic

        While walking the stairs, Ellie’s consciousness flew into mine and I can hear her now.

What is she?

She’s a Sybil- she can see the truth by looking at your eyes. There’s no point in lying or hiding anything when she’s in the room with you.