11.27 Invitations and Sorrow

Part II

11.27

Invitations and Sorrow

   The Winter Dance is coming in a few weeks and so is Christmas. With all the problems we have, the least I could do is make those two things worth. Ellie and her family have been cold to each other since Ellie’s mind was unblocked. It’s something about not telling her the truth when she was freed from the otherworld. Ellie has been sad and frustrated at the fact that her decision may be the one thing that can separate me, the light side of her family and the dark side of her family to her. She has been disappearing a lot lately and I can’t stop her. Most of the time I don’t even know where she goes. Even now when it’s Friday and we have classes, she’s absent. I’m gonna go to her house today to see if she’s there.

“Mr.Chase, I need your homework” Mrs. Gen said

“Here it is Ma’am” I gave her a folder with my homework

“It seems you have something on your mind”

“What makes you say that Ma’am?”

“The back of the paper of your homework is full of Ms. Fraywood’s name”

“Sorry ma’am, I’ll change it and I’ll give it to you late-” She stopped me

“No need”

I did that because I can’t stop thinking about the fact that I want to go to the Winter Dance with Ellie. I wanted to go so bad that I already bought tickets. The other thing in my mind is that I need to talk to her. She’s been blocking me from her mind lately and when she kelts back she always says that she’s busy, maybe I’m the one who’s not trying to find solutions to our problems and maybe I need to start.

****

  I stood there in front of the door of the Fraywood Manor unable to knock. After a few minutes of just standing there, a man opened the door. He was dressed in his usual presentable self and was smiling when he saw me, it was Adam.

“Mr. Youngblood, you’ve got to stop changing your last name” He started

“Sorry sir, trust me it wasn’t my choice”

“I know" He said smiling "What are you doing here, Elizabeth’s not here”

“She’s not?”

“Yes, she said she is going to the library”

“Library?” I said to myself

If I think it’s the same library. I know where it is.

“By the way Sir, this dance is coming in a few weeks and I was hoping to get your permission to ask your daughter to the dance” I said trying to sound confident

“Do you promise not to call me sir and call me Adam and bring my daughter here before midnight?” He asked

“Yes, I promise Sir-I mean Adam”

“Then you have my permission to ask her”

“Thank you.” I paused “I have to find Ellie now Sir- Adam”

“Keep your promise Mr. Youngblood”

“I will”  I assured

   Before I could ever reach the convertible, I heard a familiar rip. A guy with glasses came towards me with his familiar cool atmosphere. It was Sam.

“John, can I ask you something?” He started with a cool tone like usual.

“Yeah, sure”

“Can I have your permission to ask Mhyka to go to the dance with me?” He asked his tone changed to a little kid asking if he can eat dessert before dinner