10.5 Personality Issues

10.5

Personality Issues

        Darkness, I am surrounded by darkness. I am holding a Exousia Blade but it burns my skin. My marks are also burning even though I’m not refining them.

        “Ouch” I said while touching my Tenshi Mark.

        I heard laughter. It was the kind of laughter that would scare people and it was all around me.

        “Who’s there?” I shouted holding my Exousia blade up still burning my hand.

        “DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE?” Someone said. His or her voice was mixed with others that it’s getting hard to distinguish the gender.

        I saw a dark smoke forming into a shape of a man, his eyes glowing dark red.

        “Who are you?” I asked pointing my blade at him.

        “I have many names but you can call me Sammael”

        “What do you want from me?” I tried to sound brave.

        “I want to tell you who you are. That is, if you want to know”

        “I already know who I am, I am John Chase a Hunter and a Wayward” I shouted

        He burst out laughing.

        “But you aren’t a Hunter”

        I quickly gripped my Exousia blade harder and I shouted “Gabriel” but it didn’t glow. I still rushed towards him. I lunged at him and tried to stab him but my blade just passed through. I quickly backed a few feet away.

        “Who are you?” I asked

        “I am Sammael and my blood runs through you”

        “No!”

        I woke up in my bed. My hand is still burning from the dream, my face covered it sweat and my window is open. I wonder if Ellie saw that. I stood up from my bed.

        L, are you awake?

        John?

        Her voice was faint. I think she’s half asleep.

        What’s wrong?

        Nothing, go back to sleep L

        I felt her mind pulled away from mine. I’m glad that she still worries about me even in her sleep. I guess not all of my dreams can be shared with her but I’m glad she didn’t see that.

*****

        Since there’s no going back to sleep after what I’m guessing is a demon appeared in my dreams, I decided to take a walk. I’m wearing my Hunting gear and I’m holding my sword in case any demon wants to mess with me while I’m walking. I saw a few people on the street but they didn’t look at me and it's probably because of my Aoratos and Soundless Mark. A few cats meowed like they were having a fight but at least that’s normal. Nothing has been normal since we came here. My memories are still incomplete, all I have are the memories Ellie and I have and a few from my past.