12.5 Reunion of Hearts

12.5

Reunion of hearts

   It’s been a week since Ellie and I broke up. I have been trying to talk to her but she always blocks me out of her head. I think she’s disappointed in me because I just gave up on her but it was what she wanted at the time. Every time I try to talk to her at Bio class when we work together as partners she just says “We have work to do, we don’t have time to talk”. The thing is I can feel that she wants to talk to me because she sometimes kelts with me accidentally and she’s calling my name or thinking about it. I’m gonna be more aggressive today and I’m not gonna give up even if she doesn’t want to talk to me because there’s only a week before the Winter dance and I’m hoping that she’ll be my date.

For some reason Leian, Sam and I went to Dairy King. I forgot how we ended up here because I was at home when they came and grabbed me.

“John” Leian called “Snap out of your monologue and focus on the real world”

“Sorry, what were you saying?” I asked shoving a spoonful in my mouth

“Maybe she’s just having a hard time with it” She paused “Give her time”

“I can’t.” I said to myself

I heard someone behind me step.

“John, I was wondering” She started

I turned around and I saw her. It was one of the girls in my class, she was the girl who never spoke to anyone, the girl who lend me her notes once, the girl who was actually quite friendly but is too shy make a move. Her name is Beth "Rimes" Redkey and she’s one of the cutest girls in Duchannes.

“Yeah?” I said

“If you would want to” She paused “go to the winter dance with me”

My mind made a plan. It was a devious plan that involved Beth and jealousy but I quickly countered it.

“Are you sure?” I asked

“Yes” She said “I heard you and Ellie broke up and I wanted to take the chance to ask you” She added

How does she know about that? Who told her?

Leian looked at me and she looked surprised. I saw Sam coming over to this table and he looked shocked as we are.

Beth came closer to me.

“I’m a keeper in training by your Uncle Landon” She whispered

“What?” I whispered

“I really want to go to the dance with you and I know its dangerous but I’d like to do it” She said

Don’t say yes!

I heard Ellie’s voice inside my head. So know she kelts with me?

I heard that!

I could feel that it’s going to rain.

“You don’t have to answer now. I don’t want to rush you” She said giving me a paper “That’s my number call me or text me your answer”

“Okay, I’ll think about it” I said taking the paper

“Thank you” Beth said

The girl who rarely spoke to anyone came back. She looked at me with a smile on her face but she was silent. I don’t know what she is in my world but she looked good and nice for a girl who has no self-confidence. Asking me to the dance must have taken her time to do.

She walked away.

“What was that?” Leian asked

“I’m not really sure but I think she wants me to go to the Winter dance with her” I answered putting the paper on my wallet