9.15 Does not Exist

9.15

Does not exist

        Being here at school makes me want to throw up sometimes. The gym is filled with jocks that are always the bullies or the cool kids, the cheerleaders that you will never get a chance to go on a date with and the wannabes that aren’t really cool but trying hard to be one. I am on my locker, getting my books before Bio. I’m excited to see Ellie there and the best part is that I haven’t got a single voice in my head all day.

         “Hey!” Leian called

        “Yeah?”

        “Want to go somewhere on Friday?” She asked

        “I’m going to show Ellie around remember?” I replied

        “Who?” She asked

        “Ellie, the girl we sat with on the table at lunch yesterday.”

        I was beginning to think that she might be pulling a prank on me.

        “John, there was no Ellie at lunch yesterday. It was just me Mhyka and you”

        “Okay, if you say so!” I said while walking to my Bio class.

         Yesterday Ellie and I have been lab partners but now she is nowhere to be found and Mrs. Gen- our biology teacher didn’t even call her name to check her attendance. What is happening to the world? I am pretty sure that she existed yesterday because I remember her and I am the only one who has no lab partner today.

****

        Lunch is going to be an all-out conversation of how crazy I am because I can remember what no one can. I saw Leian and Mhyka already eating as I approach our proclaimed table we have. I sat down and both of them started looking at me like there’s something on my face.

        “What?” I asked both of them who won’t stop looking at me

        “Nothing, it’s just something’s different about you” Mhyka started

        “Please stop because I am having a bad day” I said trying not to sound harsh on them

        “Why, because you remember someone who’s not real and we can’t?” Leian said

        “I told you, we sat with her on this table yesterday and we talked about her last night at my house” I said now frustrated and possibly angry for no reason

        I paused for a moment to recall everything that happened and stop this because no one really seems to remember her

        “You know what, she’s not real and I won’t bring her up ever again” I said

        The conversation was now finished.

****

         Even though I said that I would stop thinking about her, she seemed to appear in everything today. Lunch, Bio class and now Bio homework, I wish that she would just appear again and stop me from losing my mind. I decided to open my window and look at the moon tonight; the cool breeze and the sound of crickets welcomed me. I tried to study and finish my homework since I’m piled up and I need to finish them. After a few hours, I got tired and just sleep at my bed thinking about one thing.

        Ellie is real

        Isn’t she?

        I’m sure she is

        Ellie is real

        Ellie

        Is

        Real