10.4 The Truth about the Chase Family

10.4

The Truth about the Chase Family

        I woke up still in the room I slept at last night with the girl I love still lying on my chest. She still looks beautiful even in the morning where her hair is kind of a beautiful creative mess. I didn’t want to wake her but the moment that I moved from her side, she suddenly stood up, fixed her hair and  ran into the bathroom.

        Good Morning L

        Good Morning John

        I can’t believe her father let me sleep in her bed with her last night. Maybe he felt guilty about the demon attack where the person he invited was the target.

        I looked up and noticed that new lines have already been written.

        Looking up to see new lines?
        I’m glad that you are mine
        -10.4

        I smiled and remembered that Ellie was in the bathroom.

        What’re you doing there L?

        I don’t want you to smell my morning breath

        I laughed

        It’s okay L. I don’t even have a toothbrush; I bet you’ll smell my breath all morning.

        She opened the door, her hand was holding something. It was a toothbrush, my toothbrush from the bathroom in my room.

        Where did you get that?

        I went to get your things last night when you passed out.

        The door opened wider, I saw Ellie smiling at me. Her face was covered with soap and it looked good on her face.

I’m done John; you can brush your teeth now

        I was completely out of focus and I found myself staring at her. She just stood there waiting patiently for me to answer her.

        John?

        Yeah?

        Please stop staring at me like that

        Yeah, sure

        I walked inside the bathroom.

****

        We sat at the dining table with Ellie’s family like yesterday Luke was next to me, Sarah was in front of me, Sam beside Luke with his mom Era in front of him, Adam in front of Ellie and Ellie beside me holding my hand as if something bad is going to happen.

        Something’s going to happen alright

        What?

        They’re going to ask you questions and Sarah’s going to say if it’s a lie

        I’m not ready for this conversation

        I know but I’ll be here with you

        She smiled even though I knew she was also nervous.