Chapter 2

At first, the walk to class with Jack is nothing but awkward, but as soon as we walk past Rachel and her posy he seems to be eager to talk.

“So you’re Australian.” He comments as we walk side by side.

“How did you know?” I ask him curiously. He turns a corner and I follow him. He looks straight ahead the whole time, but I can see the amusement in the corner of his own eyes.

“You have a strong accent” He says with a grin. I do a little shrug but keep following him as he takes a million turns through the corridors.

“Don’t talk much do ya?” He asks as he looks at me. Once again, I just shrug which only brings a bigger grin to his face. We walk in silence for another couple of minutes before I build up the courage to ask him some of my own questions.

“How did you know they sent me the wrong way?” I ask him.

“Ahh so she does talk” He teases. I let out a little giggle which causes him to nudge my arm with his. I can feel the electricity growing between us but I chose to ignore it. After all, I do have a boyfriend.

“Well?” I ask again, awaiting his answer impatiently.

“I just overheard you talking to them. They’re not nice girls, stay away from them.” He warns me. I nod my head, taking in his advice. He comes to an abrupt stop and suddenly I’m standing in front of a door with the number 21 on it.

“This is your stop” He tells me. I look at him and then at the door. He stands in front of me awkwardly.

I do my best to put on a smile before I thank him. He gives me a slight nod and smiles back at me, still not leaving.

“So, are you like in this class too or something?” I quickly ask him. He leans casually against the corridor wall.

“Nah” He replies casually. I look around awkwardly after his response, questioning why he’s still around. He runs his hand through his hair as he stands there, causing his school shirt to lift out ever so slightly. I take a quick peak at his stomach as his shirt goes up but he thankfully doesn’t seem to notice.

I start to feel really hot and short breathed which is weird. I never feel this way. Must be nerves from moving schools. Yes, from moving schools. Definitely not from this really hot guy standing in front of me. I look back up to his face, his lips are moving but no proper words are coming out.

“Are... okay” I hear him say. I look at him in confusion as he starts to move all over the place. It’s like he’s dancing around or something. I start to grip the wall as I feel more and more dizzy just looking at him.

I feel his hand touch me, but I can’t tell where. All I feel is dizziness. All I see is weird shapes and figures turning black. Two seconds later I can feel myself falling as darkness surrounds me.