Chapter 33

“Where are we going Finn?” I ask him impatiently as we walk side by side on the streets.

“There’s a bar not too far from here, we’ll go there” He comments. I look at him strangely. I mean, at least he’s telling me where we are going. If it were Jack he’d just give me some ambiguous answer and tell me to trust him.

“We are not going to a bar. I’m not even of age” I tell him.

He just shrugs his shoulders, “Neither am I”.

I snort, “Well, even though you’re all bad ass and all, I don’t possess a fake ID unlike you so we can’t go there”.

“Just chill okay, I know the owner” He tells me.

“Chill? You want me to chill? Well guess what Finn, you and Jack may like getting arrested but I certainly don’t so we are not –“ I talk until he interrupts.

“We don’t like to get arrested, it’s just something that happens” He comments cheekily. I look at him curiously for a moment.

“How many times have you and Jack been arrested?” I ask.

He just shrugs his shoulders, “Not much for me. Maybe once or twice. But for Jack, I honestly don’t know. But it’s a lot more”.

“More for Jack?” I ask him.

He gives me a little shrug, “before he met you, he was in a bad place Stella. I hate to admit it, but you’re actually good for him”.

“Why weren’t you in trouble?” I ask curiously.

“I’m more responsible than Jack” He tells me.

“Says the guy taking me into a bar underage” I snort with sarcasm.

He stops in his tracks and points at the sign of a building. “I told you, it’s not just some random bar, I know the owner”.

I look at the sign on the bar. ‘Harries Bar’.

“Do you own it?” I ask him.

He merely laughs, “No, I’m still in school! My uncle owns it.”

“What do you want to be when you finish school then?” I ask him.

“I don’t know, maybe something to do with graphic design” He says.

“And Jack?” I ask curiously.

“I think he wants to do something with film making or drama or something. He really is talented you know.” He tells me.

“What? At lying?” I comeback.

“I never said that!” He replies calmly.

“You said he was good at acting” I add in.

“No matter what you may think Stella, I know that he does care about you and has never lied to you. I also know that you care about him, otherwise you wouldn’t ask so many questions about him” He states matter of factly. I cross my arms in defiance but don’t reply simply because I know he’s right.

 Finn rolls his eyes and moves to open the door of the bar. He motions for me to go in but I hesitate before I step in the door.

“Just go in for Gods sake” He says. I walk in slowly and take in my surroundings. The bar is dark and there is little people here. And as for the people who are, well, lets just say that they probably don’t remember their own names.

I look behind me for the door, hoping to leave this place as soon as possible. Finn puts his shoulder on my back.

“Stop worrying, it’s not like I’m going to rape you! Kinda already did that” He says. My mind immediately flashes back to that day.

“It wasn’t rape, I consented” I reply.

He shrugs, “Doesn’t mean that I should’ve done it. You thought I was Jack and I knew that and...” He stops and looks around before he whispers, “I am sorry”.

“What was that?” I ask him, hoping that he repeats the words a little louder.

“I said I’m sorry” He repeats. A grin of success forms on my lips.

“You heard me the first time didn’t you?” He asks me. I merely nod my head.

“Come on, lets take a seat” He tells me as he motions me to an empty spot. I sit on the seat and wait for Finn to join me. Instead, he does the opposite of my thoughts and walks around to inside the bar.

“What do you want?” He asks me. I look at him confused before he continues, “What drink? I don’t think we have kids cordial which would be right up your alley, but we do have coke and all that shit”.

I bite my tongue to stop me from cursing at him. Politely, I reply, “A coke will be fine thanks”.

He quickly makes two cokes before sitting down next to me. When he is comfortable I cut straight to the chase, “So what did you want to talk about?”