Chapter 24

The rest of the day was pretty boring compared to the morning I had spent with Jack. After our little encounter, we both parted our different ways. I personally, had been in a good mood for the rest of the day.

As I walked down the hallway I stumbled in to Lauren.

“Hey Lauren” I greeted her. She gave me a little smile before walking away, not even bothering to acknowledge me. I stare back at her as she walks away. What’s her problem? She’d always been nice to me, so I don’t know why she isn’t being nice now. I decide to confront her about it.

“Wait, Lauren” I shout as I chase after her. She turns around and looks at me expectantly.”Have I done something wrong?”

She sighs a little, “No, no you haven’t. I’m just...” She says as she looks behind me, “I got to go”. She then turns around and walks away. I look behind me to see who she was looking at and I see the principal staring back at her. I start to question whether her father had told her anything about my supposed pregnancy. Afraid of the answer, I push the thought out of my mind and continue to walk away.

I eventually find Casey and Josie sitting together at the table. They’re discussing make up or something superficial like that, which honestly doesn’t surprise me. As I sit down, I realise that I’ve picked the perfect place as I have the greatest view of Jack talking to one of his friends about ten metres away from me.

I pretend to tune in to their conversation but in reality I’m just staring at Jack. I try to not make it obvious but eventually Jack catches me staring at him. He tries not to stare back at me as he doesn’t want to drive attention to us. We both look away quickly and continue our conversation with our own friends.

“So I said to him, I’m not just going to have sex with you. I have something called standards. I ain’t nobody’s booty call” Josie says. I turn around and stare at her. How did she get from fashion to sex so quickly?

“Uhm, what? Care to explain?” I ask.

She puts on a smug face, “There’s this guy that’s like in the popular crew. His name is Caspar and he is really hot. But anyway, he totally asked me out last week and even though he’s really hot and I’m really hot and we’d be perfect together, I couldn’t let it happen. I just know he would only want sex. All of them do”.

I reply curiously, even though I can tell that she is lying and that no guy ever asked her out, “All of them?”

She just nods, “Yeah, like all the popular guys. I mean you should no, you kissed one of them the other day”. My mind flashed back to Jack and I reactively turn around to look at him. He’s still chatting with his friends but I catch him looking at me every few moments.

Finally, my friends notice me staring at him.

“Uhm, why is Jack staring at you and you staring at him?” They ask me.

I pretend to be innocent, “I have no idea. Probs just wants sex like uh, Jasper” I mention, trying to divert the attention off me.

Josie interrupts me, “it’s Caspar”.

I apologise quickly and start to get up off the table.

“I need to go to the toilet, I’ll be back” I tell them as I get up and leave the room.

As soon as I’m out of the room, I immediately get out my phone to text Jack.

‘Meet me outside. Now.’