Chapter 17

As soon as the principal’s door closed I hit Jack right across his chest.

“Ouch!” He squealed like a girl.

“You told him I was fucking pregnant!” I whisper angrily at him, afraid that others could hear.

“Well you’re the one who didn’t want any detentions or your parents to know, so you can just thank me now.” He comments.

“And you’re not the one who people thinks is pregnant. And you certainly aren’t the one going to see a fucking counsellor because of it!” I tell him.

He gives me a slight smile, “on the plus side, you could probably use a counsellor to fix your strange mood swings”.

I look around me to find something to hit him with. The closest thing I find is a textbook, so I pick it up and throw it at his body. It hits him straight in his chest and he once again squeals.

“If I’m in hospital tonight with broken ribs, you’re footing the bill” He tells me. I roll my eyes and walk away. He follows me.

“Get away from me Jack.” I order.

“You don’t want me here?” He asked me.

“No shit Sherlock” I reply bluntly.

“Didn’t seem that way when we were fucking in public” He reminds me.

“God get over it. What, have you never had sex before?” I accuse. He just laughs but doesn’t answer.

I continue walking towards my class and he continues to follow me. I stop randomly to see if he would stop with me. He continues to walk past. I wait for him to realise that I’m not next to him but he doesn’t seem to care at all. He finally turns a corner and I sigh a breath of relief.

I go straight to class where I sit bored for the rest of the hour. My mind drifts off to Jack as the teacher talks and I wonder what he’s doing. Did he go straight to class like me? Or did he just wag again?

Finally, the bell rings, signalling for class to be over and for lunch to start. I walk to my locker and am greeted by Casey and Josie.

“So, who is the hickey from?” Casey asks me straight up.

I look around suspiciously, “If I tell you, can you like shut up about it?”

They both nod their heads.

“Fine, it’s from Jack.” I tell them. Both their faces turn to shock.

Finally, Josie replies, “Oh em gee, you kissed Jack Harries!”

I simply nod my head.

She continues to talk, “You have to tell me all the details”.

I sigh in frustration and consider what to tell her.

“We just kissed. Nothing more. That’s all. It meant nothing and it won’t happen again. End of story” I tell them, eager to change the conversation. Luckily for me, they believe exactly what I say and question no more.