Chapter 14

The rest of the day was going really slow. The good mood I was in from when I was with Jack had faded and I was now sitting once again at lunch with Casey and Josie.

“Does Sam live in Australia?” Josie asked. I cringed at the thought of Sam. I looked down to the table and picked at my food.

“Yeah. Why?” I asked them. I didn’t even bother to tell them we broke up. I mean, it’s not like we were close friends or anything, I’d only met them the other day.

Neither of them answered my question. They just looked at each other and then back at me. This made me nervous. Really nervous.

“What?” I asked impatiently.

Casey started to talk slowly and awkwardly, “You kinda... well, you sort of – “

“Yes?” I said, awaiting her reply.

“You have a massive hickey on your next” Josie spat out quickly before covering her lips. I looked at her in confusion then remembered being with Jack that morning. Shit.

I quickly got up off the table and ran to the bathroom praying that they were joking. I opened the bathroom door and headed straight to the mirror.

Fuck.

On my neck sat a massive, bright red hickey. I looked around the bathroom for something to cover it up with. Nothing.  In a hurry, I pushed the bathroom doors open and headed towards my locker. Surely I had some makeup or something to cover it up.

When I got to my lockers I started to rummage through my bag, literally chucking everything everywhere. But there was nothing. All my make up was gone. What the fuck was I going to do?

Soon enough, both Casey and Josie had caught up to me and they sat by my locker on the floor next to me.

“Are you okay?” Casey asked me.

“Have you got any make up or something to cover this up with?” I asked her, pointing to the ridiculous hickey on my neck.

“I have a scarf?” Casey offered. It was kinda hot outside. Or maybe I was just hot from my encounter with Jack this morning. I don’t know. Either way, that’ll have to do. I gave Casey a quick nod and she went to her locker to get me the scarf. I put the scarf on and thank her before I start to head out of the lockers.

“Wait, where are you going?” I hear Josie ask me.

“Umm I just have to find... err someone. I’ll be back” I reply, hesitant to tell her that I was going to find Jack. I really didn’t need to have her knowing I was going to see him. I mean, for all she knew, the next time she may see him may be on the floor dead with me with a knife in my hand. Gosh, I was going to kill that boy for doing this to me.

I was now in the main corridor searching for Jack. He was nowhere to be seen. I see a couple of people I met in science class walk by and decided to take my chances.

“Have you guys seen Jack Harries?” I ask Lauren.

Lauren looks at me confused but shakes her head, “No sorry. Why do you ask?”

“No reason” I say before walking away from her. I turn around a few corners in the corridor and see a familiar face leaning against a wall.

“Will” I say and he turns around. He looks down at me confused, I don’t think we’ve ever met before. I just know his name from Casey and Josie telling me but I really don’t care. I need to find Jack and I need to find him now.

“Can I help you?” he asks me.

“Have you seen Ja-“ I say before the door behind me opens. And just as I turn around, I’m greeted by the familiar eyes of Jack Harries.