Chapter 8

I made it out the door fast enough so that Jack couldn’t follow me. Although being really bad at directions and despite the fact I got lost a few times, I finally made it home safe and sound. I walked straight up to my bedroom and fell on to the bed.

I decide to take a quick check of facebook. I turn my laptop on and am surprised to have a friend request already. I take a quick peak before I quickly shut my laptop closed.

Jack Harries. Trust.

Feeling guilty for having dinner with another guy, I quickly grab my phone and start to call Sam. I don’t care what time it is in Australia, I just need to hear his voice. The phone rings a couple of times but he doesn’t answer. After trying three times, I decide to give up and just go to bed.

I quickly change in to my pyjamas before someone knocks on my bedroom door. It’s my older brother Chad.

“Uhh, there’s someone at the front door for you” Chad tells me. I look at him in confusion. Nobody I met today at school would know my address and I haven’t made in another friends.

“Who is it?” I ask. He merely shrugs his shoulders before he leaves my bedroom.

I put on my dressing gown and head downstairs to the front door. There standing at the door is none other than Jack Harries. Or Finn. I don’t know which one. I’d assume its Jack, he seemed more interested in me than Finn.

I rush to the front door and step outside before closing the door behind me so my family couldn’t hear our conversation.

“What the fuck? Are you stalking me?” I accuse him. I look around for the other twin and can’t find him. I look back at Jack and give him a death glare. He takes two steps back and puts his hands above his head.

“No. I just, well, you left so fast and I had to see if you were okay.” He explained.

“How do you know where I live?” I question.

“I broke into the schools records” He says casually.

“What are you, a thief? Stay away from – “ I say before he interrupts me.

“No. Don’t tell me to stay away. I know you can feel this too” He tells me as he motions between us. I shake my head, eager to change the conversation.

“God, are you always this rude. Stop fucking interrupting me when I talk. It’s annoying.” I tell him. He just rolls his eyes dramatically.

“You’re seriously going to just ignore this feeling between us. You can pretend all you want, but I know you can feel it too.” He states knowingly. I turn my head to the floor, knowing that if I look at him I’ll just give in.

“I have a boyfriend.” I say to the ground. He grabs my right hand and places it in his. I still don’t look up.

“I don’t see him.” Jack counters.

“You don’t need to, he’s not your boyfriend.” I tell him, finally looking up at him. His face is totally unreadable. Damn.

“Long distance relationships don’t work” He says neutrally.

“Oh and you know this because you know everything right?” I snap back. He finally is the one to look down.

After a sigh he continues, “I know this cause I waited 6 months for my last girlfriend while she went on exchange. She came back 2 months pregnant.”

I look up at him sympathetically. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know”.

He just gave me a shrug before he turned around and started walking away.

“Wait Jack, where are you going?” I ask him.

He turned his head around but doesn’t stop walking as he replies with “Home”.

“How are you getting home?” I ask, suddenly becoming worried about him.

“I’m a big boy, don’t worry about that” He says with a crack of a smile as he continues to walk away.