New Town Girl

Chapter 52

''Hey guys, supper will be ready in an hour. For now let's sit and watch some TV.'' I said welcoming Grace and Riley in.

''I love what you've done with the place and can't wait to see it all painted.'' Grace said.

''Thanks, how's your place coming along?'' I asked.

''It's going good so far. Just wish I had a nicer house like yours.'' Grace said.

''Agreed.'' Riley said.

''I'm sure yours is going to be just as nice when set up.'' I said.

The door bell rang so I got up already knowing it would be our new neighbor, weird that I forgot to get her name yesterday.

''Come on in.'' I said opening the door wider.

''Oh thanks.'' She said stepping into the house and taking off her shoes.

''Want to know something funny?'' I asked her, smiling.

''Sure, I love a good joke.'' She commented.

''We didn't even ask each other for names yesterday, just age then I invited you to supper.'' I said.

''Oh my goodness, you're right.'' She said, laughing.

''Mine is Aubrey.'' I said.

''Mine is Clarissa.'' She said.

''I love your name.'' I said to her.

We headed off to the living room with everyone when Nathaniel had announced supper is ready. Walking into the hallway I could already smell the delishes supper. Steak with steamed rice and potatoes.

''So, you guys haven't heard about the story behind this house eh?'' Clarissa asked.

''Nope, what is it?'' I asked.

''You haven't had anything weird happen?'' She asked.

''No?'' I said.

''What are you trying to get at?'' Nathaniel asked.

You could tell Riley and Grace were really into this converstion considering their forks were in the air with no food on them and eyes just darted right in Clarissa's direction.

''Well, it's not something to tell at the dinning table, let's talk about it after eating, don't want our food to get cold.'' Clarissa said.

''Ok'' I said.

She probably noticed the annoyed look on my face because she apologized. We finally finished eating, I bet it was pretty obvious why we ate fast. We're all so anxious to find out what she's talking about. I hope she's not one of those whackos who believe in spirits and everything, or she's not going to say something just to try to scare us out. I've had a neighbor like that before and everything they said DID NOT happen.

"So what is it you wanted to say about the house?" Nathaniel asked as we all gathered into the living room.

"Well, I know you're probably not going to believe me, or maybe you will but either way I know I'm not lying and if you don't believe me you'll see." Clarissa said.

"Okay, go on." I said, already knowing I wasn't going to believe what she says.

"Okay, well ten years ago there was a family of a single mom and son living here." she started off saying, "and well the mom killed her son and then herself and ever since everyone who moved here moved out right away, including an elderly couple. They lasted maybe a few months then disappeared." She said.

"Oh, well guess they're gone now because nothing seems to be going on, right?" I said.

"I guess you're right. I mean, nothing has been going wrong, I never really witnessed it before, but I never seen the neighbors there for over 1 month living there.

''Maybe they found the house too expiensive for them or something?'' Riley said.

''I guess.'' Clarissa responded.

----------

Authors note; Sorry I haven't updated for a couple days now, I was busy and had a lot going on. I did have my chapter coming together though, just wanted to fix it up a bit before uploading. My next chapter will be very soon :)