Part 45: The Motel Pt. 1

Soft tunes of a random global viral 50 playlist from Spotify were loud from the speakers, a song that wasn't really that familiar yet playing loudly with a steady rhythm and a heavy bass. Despite not knowing the lyrics you still bopped your head up and down to the beat, singing along when some words seemed familiar to you.

A hint of confusion hit you when your eyes spotted the highway exit disappear next to you before you could react, the fast speed on the highway barely making you register that you saw it.

"Luke, I think you missed the exit?" You mumbled out in question, pointing your thumb over your shoulder but still spoke slowly because of your confusion.

"Actually," He let go of the steering wheel to grab his sunglasses down by the drinks holder, placing them in front of his eyes to block the sunny weather.

"I did it on purpose. I've got something planned for us that I've been hiding from you for a few days now. I know you're gonna love it."

"What?" You exclaimed with wide eyes, adjusting the seat belt around you and crossed your legs. Luke hadn't mentioned this at all but you didn't know how to react. You could feel that this would last longer than just for the afternoon and you hadn't even mentioned to your parents that you were out right now.

"Don't worry I've got everything planned." He grinned and leaned down to point towards your feet where messy magazines and papers were scattered. Looking down with confused eyes you pulled all of them in your lap, dusting the dirt off the papers.

"We're not going to the airport, are we?" You questioned seconds later while scanning the papers, most of those being bills with his name and address printed on the front.

"Oh no, no." He giggled and focused back on the road after flashing you a smile. You both had had enough of airports after travelling all the way home from Iceland. You were used to flights you must admit but Iceland was so tiring, especially on the way home. You definitely didn't miss the snow now.

"Then where?" You asked confused, not getting much from the papers on your lap and looked over at him with a soft smile. He was wearing such a secret expression you quivered an eyebrow confused.

"Okay, I might be too messy and might not have brought the letter then." He mumbled confused and reached forward to scan your lap while waiting for the green light, a roll in his eyes being the conclusion in the end.

"Where are we going?" You asked again with a smug look, scanning the area in front of you but it wasn't something you were familiar with. You might have been driving here or passing it by before but it wasn't that memorizing. You could tell you were still in Sydney but you definitely weren't in the central part anymore.

"We are going to a motel." He admitted, looking over at you with a smile before driving for the green light. "Or is it a hotel?" He corrected himself and furrowed his eyebrows. "It says it is a motel but it's so fancy you could almost consider it as a hotel."

"A hotel motel?"

The confusion was clear in your face expression but you couldn't avoid the feeling of excitement going through your veins and let your belly erupt with butterflies.

"Yes we can call it that." He grinned and ran a hand through his messy hair, the ends starting to get curly. His hair had grown so long recently and with so much focus on stress and school he didn't have the time to get a fresh needed haircut.

"It's this motel called The Williams Lodge. It's distanced right outside Sydney and is purposely for people who are travelling from city to city by car. Now even if it sounds like a typical creepy motel it's actually really fancy. It was built for the people who can't afford expensive hotels but still wanted something fancy so it doesn't have indoor pools and spa but that is served in the bathrooms of the motel rooms instead. Safe to say, the pictures looked pretty rad."