26

{Author's note: 200 reads?! I can't believe it! Thank you all SO MUCH for this! Every vote and comment are special and I appreciate them all! You guys are the best! Here's a special treat for you 😉}

"Where the hell is Bree?" Arthur yelled, storming into Gaius's room. "It's been two days!"
"I don't know!" Merlin snapped back, looking over at Arthur with tired eyes, his hair more of a mess than normal. Arthur stopped his rampage, a bit taken aback by Merlin's demeanor and appearance. "We've been looking the entire time, Arthur," he continued. "I can't figure out what happened to her, or where she is. I'm sorry if I'm disappointing, but I can't do anything more to help." He shrugged and then got up, heading to the door. Arthur caught his shoulder and stopped him, giving him a look of pity.
"I'm worried about her too," he said gently. "I'm...sorry for yelling." Merlin gave Arthur a look of surprise.
"Thanks," he said, sounding taken aback.
"Do we have any leads on where she went?" Arthur asked, letting go of Merlin and turning to face him.
"Well, we found her trail, but she ran through a river and we lost it," Merlin replied. "We followed the direction she went for miles and didn't find anything."
"Well, let's look at the area around where her trail ran out," Arthur said. "Draw a big circle and search around inside it."
"We did that too," Merlin replied.
"Well, then Morgana probably got her," Arthur said. "Or she went home." He shrugged. "Let's just focus on finding Morgana, and we'll probably find both women, as well as Chase." Merlin nodded.
"Sounds like a plan," he said. Arthur gave him a smile.
"It'll be fine," he said, clapping Merlin on the back and making him grunt. "Now, we're gonna be late for target practice if you don't hurry." He turned and walked out of the room, heading down the hallway.
"I'm coming," Merlin yelled after him, hurriedly fixing his hair and straightening his clothes before running after him.
"You know, I really would like you to try and be more punctual," Arthur said as Merlin caught up. "I understand that you're distraught over Bree and Chase, but that still gives you no reason to deny your duty."
"Sorry, sire," Merlin apologized. "I'll try and do better."
"Well, you'll still have to make up for lost time," Arthur said.
"Well, what would you like me to do?" Merlin asked. Arthur grabbed his shoulder and pulled him into a niche in the wall, kissing him passionately. Merlin stood there in surprise the entire time Arthur kissed him, even though it only lasted a couple seconds. Arthur pulled back and stared Merlin right in the eyes.
"That was five minutes made up," he said. "You've got two days." He pointed at Merlin before walking out of the niche and heading down the hallway, leaving Merlin standing there dumbstruck. He blinked a couple times before coming to his senses and walking out of the wall, heading down the hallway. He felt slightly violated, but yet also pleased at the same time. He pursed his lips and sighed. He would never understand Arthur.