30

Merlin led Bree and Leo down to the dungeons, Bree carrying Chase piggyback.
"Are we almost there?" Leo asked. "Chase is getting worse by the second."
"We are," Merlin said, heading down the last flight of stairs and through the halls, heading to Morgana's cell. "Come on." When they arrived, Percival and Adam were holding a heavily blindfolded and chained Morgana's arms back and Arthur and Gwaine held swords to her neck and chest, making sure she couldn't do anything to cross them.
"We're here!" Merlin called, walking into the cell and stepping to the side for Bree, who set Chase gently down on the bench strapped to the wall.
"Well, let's get this over with," Arthur said. Leo nodded and walked into the cell, raising his left arm and setting his hand on Morgana's chest.
"I wouldn't do that," Morgana mumbled.
"Shut up," Leo snapped, starting to drain her energy, collecting it as a yellow mass in his hand. Morgana cackled quietly as he did so, making the whole company unnerved. Once Leo had completed draining her energy, he turned and forced it slowly into Chase, stepping back once he was done.
"Did it work?" Gwaine asked after a few tense seconds, looking over at Chase. All of a sudden, the color rushed back into Chase's face and he took in a large breath of air, his breathing deepening and slowing. Everyone let out a sigh of relief.
"It worked," Merlin said with a smile. Adam, Leo and Bree were all beaming, and even Arthur couldn't help but smile a little.
"Let's get him back to Gaius," he said. "Make sure that he's all right."
"On it," Bree said, picking up Chase and running off.
"Well, that went surprisingly well," Gwaine said, sheathing his sword.
"I'll say," Arthur said, doing the same. "Almost too well. Keep her chained up, just in case. Once she starts decaying, then we'll know for sure she's not going to come back and haunt us."
"Cool," Adam said, dropping Morgana and walking out of the cell. "Cmon, Leo."
"Yep," Leo said, following them out.
"They're a very odd bunch," Arthur remarked to Merlin, who was waiting patiently. "But they're good people."
"That's very true," Merlin said, nodding at him. "I'm glad we could save Chase."
"Me too," Arthur said, nodding back and then looking ahead, pursing his lips. "I know what it's like to lose and fight a sibling. I wouldn't wish that on anyone." Merlin stared at Arthur for a couple seconds, debating in his head before giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.
"I know," he said, before leaving hurriedly, leaving Arthur smiling widely to himself.
"Can I have another?" he asked as he ran after Merlin.
"No," Merlin replied from the distance. "This isn't a normal thing. Stop expecting it."
"Oh, come ON, Merlin," Arthur said, catching up to him. "One more?" Merlin sighed and faced Arthur.
"Fine." They exchanged another quick kiss, Arthur chuckling happily afterwards.
"I love you," he said, heading in another direction than Merlin.
"Sure," Merlin replied somewhat sarcastically before heading out of earshot.