6

" You know, sometimes I regret not having glowing eyes. " Stiles said.

Lydia gave him a look. " Why so? "

The night was young. There was cold breeze outside. Cars in different brands passed by multiple times. Street lights were on everywhere. Stiles and Lydia were lucky the closest 7eleven store was open.

" Because we always have to be the ones doing the hard work. " he said raising a pack of frozen hotdogs shoulder level.

Lydia gave him a smug look. Stiles and Lydia had been ordered by Malia since she was requested by the whole camp to get some more food and drinks. They were running out. Days had passed since. The end of the pack was getting closer and closer. About two or three days were left before all of them could go home not because it needed to be that way but because Malia said so. She was the one who threw this party after all. Being the only people who weren't doing anything in the pack, it had to be Stiles and Lydia doing the mission.

" At least we only had to be the ones buying the stock instead of snapping our claws to get the town out of trouble. " Lydia stated as she pushed the cart full of requested goods.

Stiles walked with her to the next shelf holding the list. " Fair point, fair point. " he smirked. " You know, I'm starting to think you're a lot smarter than I think you really are. "

Lydia gave the boy a look. " I'm starting to think you have a lot less chivalry than a guy really has. " she said glancing at the cart she was pushing.

Stiles and Lydia exchanged roles. She was now the one holding the list and him pushing the cart.

" I'll keep that in mind. " he smirked at her and she returned it before grabbing two bottles of beer and placing it in the cart.

" I think we're gonna need a bigger cart. " he sighed and ran a hand through his sable hair.

Lydia looked at him after looking at the list. " Aw, is it starting to get heavy for you, Stilinski? " she teased him.

He looked at her and gave her another smirk. " Nah, these muscles? They'll never get enough. " he said as he flexed his biceps.

Lydia rolled her eyes but she was smiling since she was honestly amused. Her subconscious snapped her out of it. She cleared her throat.

Lydia read on the list that they needed a bottle of coke. Stiles was leaning on his arms on the cart behind her. He was scratching his face softly and waiting for her. Lydia went to the softdrinks area only to find the coke drinks were displayed above her height. She went to reach one anyway. Stiles noticed this.

" Hey, Lydia. Let me- "
" Don't you think that's a little too cliché move of flirting, Stiles? "

Lydia looked at him and she meant him reaching the bottle for her. Stiles raised his eyebrows I'm surprise. No one has ever said these kinds of things to him before. He gave her an annoying smile anyway. " Be my guest. " he said and allowed her to do so.

Lydia rolled her eyes for the hundredth time at him before continuing on reaching for the bottle. She kept struggling to do so until she felt hands wrap around her waist and lift her up the ground.

Lydia's eyes widened in surprise and turned her head around and down only to find Stiles lifting her up so she could reach. He gave her an annoying smirk. She couldn't return any look to him since she was pretty dumbfounded at what was happening now. She took two bottles of coke before he slowly placed her back down.

She turned around and found Stiles standing close in front of her.
" So, how's my chivalry now? " he teased and got back to the cart and started pushing it so to move on to the next shelf.
Lydia was in trance there for a minute before her subconscious snapped her out of it again. She didn't know what just happened.