27

Lazy eyelids fluttered up. Her eyes opened. Big green orbs adjusted to the surroundings around her. She could feel her toes still freezing inside her black and fuchsia striped socks underneath her blankets. That made her realize it could still be around two or three in the morning and her head hurt like it had been hit with something metal ten times. Perhaps, baseball bat? Was that her nightmare, someone hitting her with a baseball bat? Well, that's torpid. The young strawberry blonde gently sat up in spite of the pain still in her head. She didn't remember her dream. Normally, no one ever remembered their dreams especially after they wake up from them at this time of the day and she had a nightmare. Not a dream. She was only certain for that, that she had a nightmare. Maybe it was just all the stress and the pressure she was having recently. Ever since Hayden left her with her thoughts last night, after giving her all those, for her, apathetic advises, she had been thinking about her decision on the relationship she was still currently having with Scott.

Just break up with him and get him over with! Her subconscious yelled at the back of her head. No.

She can't just break up with Scott! And for what? For Stiles? Fuck, no. Lydia was never ever that type of girl to break up with her boyfriend for some guy they met four months ago. In fact, she had never broken up with a guy before. Although, she had been dumped and that was on her first boyfriend who she dated for five fucking years! Isaac just disappeared. Her subconscious reminded her.

Immediately, she shook the thought of him away.

Going back, she seriously needed to make up her mind about the whole issue between her and Scott. Was there even something wrong with their relationship? Yes. Yes, there is.

Scott and her hadn't kissed casually since the pack amplified. None of them hadn't even received heart messages from each other or had much contact nor communication. They hadn't had enough time for each other or much talk with each other. It was almost like they weren't together. Sure, Scott was still making sure she was safe and looking out for her but still, that uncontrollable heat between them already faded away. What was the reason? Was it the pack? Was it Stiles? Was it the junior year? Was it Allison?

It had to be since the pack, since Allison and Stiles.

Before Lydia knew it, she was already outside out on the backyard on the grass. She was sitting on her ass with her legs positioned like the Indian sitting position. Her elbows on her thighs. Of course, she was only in her pajamas. As she kept thinking and thinking, the more she started to lie down. Her full behind on the cold and rough texture of the grass beneath her.

Hayden was right. Lydia could do this. I can do this, I can do this. She mentally told herself. Her emerald green orbs staring up a the little shade of moon from above. She was thinking. Lydia already had it all planned. The next time she's gonna see Scott, she's gonna have to talk to him.

" Lydia? "

Lydia jolted a bit in surprise and looked up through her lashes seeing her father standing a few feet from her head. Joshua Martin, Lydia's father, reminding you. He was in loose pajama pants and a plain gray shirt with a cotton bathrobe wrapped around him. It was pretty cold outside especially at this time of the hour but Lydia didn't mind for she needed time to think alone. And thank dad for that, it was interrupted. He must have just gone home from his shift few hours ago.