19

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

Her consciousness started drifting back to her. Her eyelids fluttered open and the first thing she could feel was the excessive pain around her body. With a massive headache, she found it hard to locate exactly where she was and to adjust to the light and her blurry vision. She moaned lightly in pain. Her emerald green orbs gazed around her surroundings realizing she was in the hospital and lying on a hospital bed with some needles sticker into her skin. Looking at the window and out, she notices the sky was semi-dark making it look like the hour must be somewhere around dawn. Her surrounding was eerily silent. She was starting to panic a little bit. Her mind swirling with questions. How long has she been there? Was her condition so bad that she actually got into comatose? Her head ached even more. She was wearing one of those hospital dresses patients would wear so she was pretty much naked underneath. She was feeling so bare and uncomfortable not to mention the ache on her body. Yet she couldn't identify exactly where the pain was but she knew it was more than one place.

She heard the door swing open and closed. Slowly turning her head a bit to look, there she saw a beautiful nurse with tanned skin and frizzy dark hair. It was Melissa McCall. Scott's mom. She was looking through a paper not noticing Lydia was already awake.

" M-Melissa? " she spoke.

Her voice was so low and ragged making it sound like someone had ripped her vocal chords. She hadn't even used her screams that much from the last time she remembered. So, it must mean she had stayed there long.

Melissa looked and saw Lydia awake. She was surprised at first then her expression showed relief. She gave Lydia a comforting smile. " Oh, honey. You're awake. " she approached Lydia.

" How long have I been here? What happened? "

Melissa's smile faded away.
" Well, whatever happened to you, Lydia, it involves claws and fangs. " she answered.

Lydia glanced at the ceiling. Flash backs returning in her state. She remembered what happened now and it just grew the ache on her head even more. " Um, but, how long have I been here? "

" Not that long, sweetheart. But you have been in a slight comatose for six to seven hours or so. "

Lydia closed her eyes and exhaled in relief. At least it wasn't so long.

Then, something popped up into her mind. She remembered. Stiles.

She moaned in pain at her sudden and unexpected outburst. She was repeatedly asking questions about Stiles- on how he was, what happened to him, if he was okay and all. Melissa gently laid her back down and shushed her.

" Stiles is fine. He's resting and he's currently in a coma as well. Although, unfortunately, his injuries are much worse than yours. He's had a few broken bones like you but lost a lot more blood. His body is recovering from the wounds of the incident. But, for now, he's fine. " Melissa informed.

Lydia's heart started to ache emotionally. It was all her fault. She caused that. Her eyes started to get wet with tears and her fingers trembled thinking about all the bad possibilities that could happen due to this state. How would Stiles react when he wakes up? Is he ever gonna wake up? Was he surely gonna be okay? What would the others think? What would Stiles' parents think? What's she gonna say to the police and the detectives and other shitty people? How about her parents? And the school? This was gonna affect her her whole life.