31

❨Listen to: Dancing on my own by Calum Scott

Numbness. Numbness was all she felt as she watched her whole life flash right in front of her. It seemed like her whole body was frozen right there in that spot and in that very moment. Her breathing hitched under her breath. Her fingertips touched the sides of the cloth of her shorts. Even they went frozen. Of course, her heart skipped a beat but surprisingly, it didn't feel painful. Of all the possible feeling of surprise she could take in that moment, the one thing that surprised her the most was that she didn't feel heartbroken at all. Shock. Surprise. Dumbfounded. Those were only what she felt that very moment. She couldn't even think straight at the moment. It seemed like her subconscious and inner goddess had lost their voice. She couldn't hear anything. The music went down and her whole vision blurred and focused on the two kissing just steps away from her. She lost the consciousness of her brain and without thinking, her feet had brought her to turn on her heels and walk away slowly disappearing in the crowd. No one went after her.

With wet eyes staring out at on the open, her feet had brought her out the loft and outside to another floor. She didn't even know where she was going or what she was doing and what was happening and what she just saw. She couldn't believe her eyes. Was it just a hallucination? Like, she may have unconsciously gotten herself drunk and had just forgotten about it? No, it couldn't be. Lydia doesn't even drink much and she very much promised herself to try and stay sober that night. But what if it was just a hallucination from drinking too much? Still, she couldn't believe that would be what happened back there.

Scott and Malia made out.

Yeah, they did. They made out. Not just kissed and Lydia was there to see it. Now, look where it got her. She was there walking down the dark hallway all alone in a place she doesn't know of. At the moment, she didn't care and it didn't matter. Lydia just needed to stay away from the music and all the people. The moving bodies around her was making herself more obstreperous and she couldn't contain it so she had no choice but to walk away.

Her long strawberry blonde hair flipped around lightly.

Lydia had gotten out to a big open room. It was two floors from Derek's loft and she was all alone in the dark. Luckily, the bright moonlight was there to guide her eyes of her surroundings. The place was huge and it didn't smell bad but it did smell pretty old. She ignored it as her eyes scanned around her surroundings. Old, almost falling pieces of wood were around the walls and the ceiling was rusty. The floor was dusty and unappealing. She suddenly felt her fingertips grow cold. It was the cold late evening breeze. Luckily, Lydia had chosen to wear a silk T-shirt. So, it helped her not bother the cold. She exhaled and she finally started to move on her feet voluntarily. She slowly turned around her heels and she crossed her arms looking out at the view of the evening.

Then, she started to hear footsteps. She slowly closed her eyes for she knew who it was and she needn't to look or turn around.

Scott.

Lydia heard Scott sigh under his breath and she gulped knowing he would say something. She wasn't even ready to hear his voice. Man, this is fucked.

" It's not what you think. "
"..."
"..."
"..."
" Cliché. " Lydia scoffed.

Cliché. Yes, it was definitely cliché. Most boyfriends say those words after they get caught cheating on their girlfriend. That was what Lydia was thinking. She didn't know what to believe. She didn't hear anything else except the sound of his footsteps descending. Lydia was sure someone else came in the room and maybe that person told him to go. Good. He better be gone. Lydia didn't care what it was about at the moment. Of Scott didn't call her attention, then it must mean that she wasn't involved or needed at least. It mustn't be just something about Liam, Erica or Jackson.