42

" Ghost riders, really? Is that really what we're gonna call them? " Malia asked.

" That's what Lydia calls them. " Allison replied through the speaker.

Scott and Malia were both listening to Allison's news about Lydia's vision through speaker phone. Scott and Malia were both still in the sheriff station along with the sheriff, Derek and Cora. Derek was still tapping into Cora's memories. Both of them were still unconscious and Derek's claws were still in the back if Cora's neck.

Malia sighed and hung up. " Well, at least Beacon Hills is giving us something new to worry about. "

Just in time as the phone call was over, Derek woke up and pulled his claws out of Cora. He panted heavily and backed up. Scott and the sheriff held his balance. Malia went to Cora to check if she was okay.

" Did you see anything? " Scott asked Derek who was still trying to catch his breath.

" I saw these guys. There were maybe three or four of them. They wore black a-and they had guns and whips. " Derek said through pants.

Cora groaned and blinked her eyes open holding the back of her neck and looking around. Malia asked if she was okay before looking at Scott and the others.

" Guns? That sounds like something my department is gonna take care of. " the sheriff commented.

" Tell us what else you saw. " Malia said.

" No, there was more to it. I'm not sure but I think they were taking people. You see, a cloud of green smoke appeared every time they shot. " Derek continued.

Scott looked at Malia who looked like she was getting something in her head. " Malia, isn't that something like Lydia said? "

" No. That was exactly what Lydia said. " Malia answered and then everybody exchanged looks.

" Okay, okay! You got my memories so can I go now? I just really wanna go home. " Cora whined.

Scott, Malia and the sheriff stayed at the station trying to figure out or think through what happened in that house or in that party. Derek went with Cora so he could drive her home. Not at the Hale's residence but at Malia's place since Derek was staying there too. In other words, it'll be a better way for Derek to look out for her if she stayed with him and Malia's parents. On their way to Malia's place, they ran out of gas so they had no other choice but to stop at the closest gas station.

" Damn, I hate these things. " Derek mumbled before he pulled the brakes and stopped for gas. It turned out the gas station was out of electricity. All the lights were off and it looked like no one was working anymore.

Derek groaned. " Doesn't anyone at this place have a shift? " he asked himself before opening his side of the car and unbuckling his seatbelt. " Stay here. " Derek said before starting to get out of the car. Before he did, Cora gripped his arm. " You did not just say that. "

" I'll be just a minute to check it out. Don't worry about it. " Derek reassured his sister before getting out of her grip and walking out but Cora was still terrified knowing she couldn't stand a minute by herself after what she saw at her party. She watched her brother jog and go in the place disappearing right after he got inside. Cora exhaled and hugged herself. Some minutes left and Cora couldn't stand it anymore.

She got out of the car and placed an arm on the top. She looked closely for her brother to pop out since he was taking long enough. She was still wearing her birthday dress so it was pretty cold for her. Her straight blonde hair flipping around from the cold night breeze. Cora then realized it was starting to get windy. She furrowed her eyebrows and look around. She started hearing thunder. Cora started seeing dried leaves flying around then suddenly, the closest lightning she had ever seen came on. She jumped a bit in surprise before she blinked and just a few feet from her, there was a man on hair. The same type she saw at the party. Cora knew this was it. She was about to get taken!