Finding Out

Kyungsoo's POV

I woke up to see Kai dressed in something else from when he came here.

I rub my eyes as I'm still tired and because of the bright light shining into the room.

My side hurts a little and I notice that I was lying down on the security tapes I had found yesterday in my pocket.

Kai looks over at me just as Minjae comes into the room.

"You guys are awake now? Want to help me wake up everyone else so we can eat breakfast together?" Minjae asks. "Jihun and I made breakfast but not all of you are awake yet.

"Sure, we'll help." Kai says and smiles. Minjae nods and leaves the room.

Before Kai could leave the room, I grab onto his wrist. He looks at me with a confused facial expression.

"We should ask Minjae if we can use something to see whatever's on these security tapes." I say and Kai sighs.

"We should.. lets ask Minjae after breakfast. I have to go to the bar later tonight." Kai says.

"Okay, lets separate to wake up everyone." I let go of Kai's arm and we go to try and wake up everyone else.

I go to the rooms on the right side and Kai plus Minjae on the left.

Once everyone was awake, we went downstairs to eat breakfast. Jihun must've eaten since he wasn't here.

The table was already set, so we sat down and ate some food.

It was quiet since nobody decided to start a conversation or find a topic that we could talk about.

Once everyone was finished eating, I decided to ask Minjae about viewing the security tapes on a computer or something. 

"Minjae?" He turns to face me. "I was wondering if I could view these somewhere." I pull out the security tapes and he looks at them. 

"Yeah sure, just follow me. Chen and Lay can you help Suho clean the kitchen?" Both Chen and Lay nod and go to help Suho. 

Minjae leaves the room and we go to Minjae's bedroom. He sits down on his bed and grabs his laptop. 

He puts the disc into the computer and some videos and images come onto the screen. 

Kai and I sit beside Minjae, Minjae sitting in the middle. He clicks on one of the videos and it shows me.. hurting Lay?! What the heck am I doing to him.. he looks so weak in the video.. Why am I hurting him??

Minjae hesitates but clicks on another video where I'm beating up Kai and Chanyeol runs into the room to stop me.. What am I doing to my friends.. 

I see myself continue hurting my friends and harming Lay the most, making him too weak so that he can barely stand.. Who made me like that.. 

A memory suddenly resurfaces itself from somewhere inside my head and I flinch hard, my eyes flutter closed. Images flash throughout my mind and they don't stop until Kai shakes me. 

"Hyung! Hyung snap out of it!" Kai shouts at me and I wince slightly as the memories stop appearing. 

"Kyungsoo what happened?" Minjae asks me. 

"I-I.. I remember.." I look down, Kai's hand drops from my arm. 

"How much do you remember Kyungsoo?" Minjae asks. 

"I remember a lady named Jeong Ha made me turn against my friends. As soon as I saw those images on the screen of me hurting Kai and everyone else, memories started coming back.. Kai?" I look at him. "Do you remember anything?" 

"A little... I remember things from before we were in there.. we stayed in an apartment before Baekhyun was taken away from us." Kai says, frowning. 

"Shouldn't we show the others this? See if Baekhyun and everyone else can get their memories back." Minjae asked. 

"Ani.. I don't want them to see me like this.." I stand up. 

"Kyungsoo, they deserve to know this. Do you want them to be without memories of what happened forever?" Minjae said. 

"Everyone will hate me if they see this.." I look down at my feet. 

"Your being selfish hyung, stop." Kai grabs my hand but I make him let go. 

"I'm going to show them Kyungsoo.. they should know what happened before all this and where you all come from." Minjae tells me. 

I leave the room without saying anything else. 

Kai's POV 

I can't believe Kyungsoo.. Minjae tells me to call everyone before I head to the bar for work. I'm not sure if I call Chanyeol, he will remember anything, since he does have permanent amnesia and probably won't remember for as long as he lives.. But at least he'll be able to make new memories with Baekhyun and all of us. 

I call everyone to Minjae's room, Chanyeol is with Jihun at the bar so after everyone goes to the room, I go to my bedroom. 

Kyungsoo is sleeping on his bed when I go into our bedroom.  I grab my outfit, get changed and head to the bar. 

Chanyeol is sitting with Jihun, they both are just sitting down talking, not drinking anything. 

I go behind the bar and stand in front of them. 

"Kai you made it!" Chanyeol smiles at me. 

"Of course I did hyung." I smile back and I serve some other people drinks as music plays in the background. 

Jihun helps me serve people. Chanyeol stops too and rests his head on the table. As I notice a girl walking up to Chanyeol. 

Do I know her? She looks familiar.. 

She back hugs Chanyeol and he turns around in his seat. The girl looks like Chanyeol.. but older. She smiles at him and Chanyeol looks at her. 

"Chanyeol! I missed you so much. Eomma and Appa are here too" She smiles at Chan before hugging him again. 

"Um.. who are you?" I ask. Chanyeol looks at her, confused. 

"Kai, I'm his sister. Do you guys not remember me?" She asks and I look at her face more closely. 

Yoora noona??

Author's Note

*small rant*

So.. yesterday I got accused of stealing something from The Face Shop (a store at the mall near my house that sells Korean makeup products, face masks etc.) I held a lip tint in my hand and my wallet in the other and two workers thought I was stealing. I literally turned towards the front of the store because my two friends were about to leave me and Denise turned and saw that I was going to buy something. So Denise and my other friend Susanna came back inside.

After I paid, a worker pulled me aside and lectured me about how stealing is bad and how it will ruin my future. I'm just like um.. I was never going to steal in the first place. But she just kept on repeating herself and then was like you seem like a nice girl, but never do anything that could effect your future. I kept on saying that I wasn't going to steal. 

They literally put me on the spot and I have bad anxiety. As the older worker was talking to me, my face was flushed and my heart was beating too fast.. 

And so.. I'm still upset.. it's ageist. They probably assumed I was gonna steal because I had my backpack (I went after school) and because I'm a teenager. They can't just assume that I'm going to steal like jeez. It's not like every teenager is going to steal. 

So anyways.. I'll update again today, since I already wrote a lot of the next chapter during my free time at school. Updates will be once a week, probably every Friday or Saturday.

Jal Ga