Chapter 17: Hopes and Dreams

(A/N: References, haha! ( '∀') )

[Unrevised]

I curled up into the bed I was given and closed my eyes in hopes of finally resting properly. It's been a few days since I've slept under a roof, hasn't it?

I heard Arthur and Alfred arguing about something in the room besides me, however the words were seemingly mumbled out and incoherent. I gave a short, exasperated sigh, not knowing why they started to get more quarrelsome towards each other nowadays.

The words slowly faded away, and soon I was met with a pitched black darkness.

-

"(Name)." I heard a voice.

I heard crying nearby, a cry that reached my ears, a cry that was so deafening I felt a connection towards it for some odd reason.

"Please don't cry," the voice continued.

I heard flames and war cries shrilling the air into pieces. My face felt hot and the light felt blinding.

"Shh, shh, don't fret, my child. Mommy's here."

I felt arms engulfing me.

"(Name), child, don't cry. Mommy's here, no need to be scared."

I heard swords clanging against each other.

Suddenly I felt myself traveling somewhere. I managed to open my eyes, but all I could see was a blur of red and shades of yellow and orange. Faint silhouettes of warriors and knights fought in bloodshed.

My eyes were filled with even more tears, my chest burdened and choking out a sob.

"(Name), child, no need to cry,"

Everything silenced and my vision darkened to black.