Chapter 28: Village Tour

Apparently I fainted the moment I took another step back over the abandoned village. And when I woke up, I was shocked when I saw myself being carried piggy back style from Alfred. He was known, back at our castle, as the strongest solider-slash-gaurd of the entirety of our army. And so that was how Alfred was enlisted to me. We met when I was sixteen.

I realized that I had none of my bags upon my shoulders - I was somewhat glad, but also embarrassed. Again, Alfred carried those items like a feather, and even when I protested that he didn't need to, he refused with a smile.

I want to walk myself, I had said, but when I tried I ended up staggering. I don't know what's wrong with me, really, but Alfred didn't seem hesitant when he took me back into his arms.

Arthur wanted to carry me, as he had so proudly claimed, but I remembered a few days back when he tried.

And he failed miserably.

At first I was offended, but then Alfred had reassured me that Arthur just had skinny arms that couldn't even carry a stack of books along with him. I wasn't all that convinced because I thought about the time when he carried a couple more of my items with ease. So I was partially-offended and embarrassed. Quite an odd mix, no? Maybe not. It may be a probable chance that I've experienced that moment before.

By the time we made it to the village, I quickly force myself off of Alfred to roam around my self. Arthur was by my side, helping me balanced and coordinated. I appreciated his help, and thanked him for that. But all he said was "No problem" with a "love" at the end. I was quite flustered. It's nice hearing such nice compliments on an adventure like this one, no?...I feel very fortunate.

Like, imagine.

My life consisted if men these days. I received compliments and flirtatious comments. Every single one so far grew a liking to me, and if scared me sometimes. Have I really grown to look attractive? Sometimes I feel insecure about myself, and when I say so, usually my peers will immediately compliment me and assure me that I am beautiful. I'm grateful, but it's sad. Not many people compliment me out of nowhere. The men that I have met had been like that.

Am I really that special? I can't be special. It isn't really...my thing to be the spotlight in a stage full of countless of other actors who yearned for that spot. Sometimes I feel like a burden, but...

Haha, no time to be depressed and lonely! And besides, I smell food.

"And this, folks, is the main hall of our village. It's pretty much the heart of the kingdom." Emma stated as she stood upon the stairs of a large building with two lions on each side. They were large and empowering, looking ready to pounce at any moment. The architecture was intricately made, so it was no doubt it took a long while to make.

Michelle quickly went over to an alleyway in which was busied with many tourists. "Over here to the right you could see the countless of bakeries and little food shops. It would be nice to visit if you're hungry for some cookies and many other sweet treats!"

"Resting stations," Natalia stated flatly as she pointed over to the left side. (A/N: I call that...the restroom. :3)

Horses dragging carriages passed by as we walked. My eyes trailed after it in admiration. This kingdom seemed very advanced, I must say. Who knew that things can evolve so quickly upon the years.

"Hey, I'm going to go buy stuff for sustenance for the upcoming evening!" Michelle chirped as she made it back to us.

"Can I come with?" I asked out of nowhere, noticing her hesitance.