Chapter 25: Dismissal, the Arrival

"Wake up, sweetheart," cooed a voice. "Just because you close your eyes doesn't mean you'll disappear from my sight."

My eyes slowly opened to see a grinning Dane and a semi-worried Swede. Honestly, it was a first to see Berwald worried. All I ever saw from him was a blank stare and a look that says, "Fuck-off. Stay-away-from-my-soon-to-be-spouse."

And then now? A worried look. That's something to note, right?

Or no?

...Or both?

"(Name)!" yelled a voice. I averted my gaze and focused on the remaining figure(s) within the area. It was Emil and Lukas. However....Lukas was still chanting the same words over and over.

"Big brotherrrr...."

"Shut up," Emil mumbled, briefly looking away from me to glare at Lukas. "you're not helping!"

Lukas paused.

"Big brotherrrr....."

"Ugh!"

Mr. Puffin seemingly casted me a suggestive look. My face scruntched up in disgust.

"Ew, no," I whisper ever so quietly.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" asked Mathias, emphasizing that one word with a toothy smile.

"What's wrong is that you haven't put me down. What's wrong is that you have the unpermitted consent to say sweetheart to me." I snapped unintentionally. However I was more than sure uncomfortable under his grasp and pestered for him to let me go.

"Haha, alright, alright."

But as soon as he placed me back on my feet, I was surprised by a sudden hug that tightened drastically. I looked over to see Tino wailing upon my shoulder.

"(Name) dear, are you alright?!" He cried, looking up to me with a teary look that nearly made my heart melt in guilt.

...nearly.

"Y-yeah, I'm okay."

"I'm so sorry, I can't believe I was so irresponsible for letting you unattended!"

My eyes widened. "Huh? No, don't blame yourself! It's not your fault, it really isn't."

He sniffled, looking as if he were reluctant to let me go.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yeah. Whomever is at fault here should be me. I'm the careless one. Do you feel better now?" I said to him with a reassuring smile, not wanting anyone to worry about me. Even though I nearly died there.

And besides, I'm hungry. Really hungry.

"(Name)," said a voice. I averted my gaze from Tino to see Emil who stared at me with stern eyes. Then they seemed to soften with what seemed like relief and concern at the same time. "Did you....did you hurt yourself when you fell?"

I looked up, recalling where I had fell from, and smiled weakly. "No, I don't think so." I said, and looked back to Emil with a wider smile.

He stared at me a bit longer before glancing over to Mr. Puffin.

"Are you hungry?" He asked him. "Let's go eat now."

Soon enough, most of the crowd dispersed into the ship, leaving me and Mathias behind.

"That was some dramatic fall you had there," Mathias stated calmly, looking anywhere but me with an informal tone, maybe even whistling a tune.

"Shut up." I mumbled, trudging away to follow after the others. But then Mathias took my wrist and stopped me on my tracks, making me look at him in confusion.