Chapter 24

Louis' POV

"You're idiotic." I laughed at Niall. He had a cookie on his forehead and was trying to get it into his mouth without using his hands.

"You mean a fucking genius." Niall managed to get it into his mouth, but as he did, Ms. Hayetta interrupted us. "Is your group finished with the song?"

Niall started to choke on the cookie because of the sudden appearance. He finally took a breath and responded, "Y-Yup!" Niall smiled. "We had a week duh and-" Ms. Hayetta was taken aback with Niall's answer. Liam and I both shot a glare at Niall making him shut up. I don't think he realized how it sounded.

"Oh is that so? Come up and sing it since it's finished." She snapped. We all looked at Niall angrily and stood up.

"Ready?" Liam gulped.

"Of course. We're great guys!" Niall smirked. We were all reasonably nervous.

"Come on." Ms. Hayetta tapped her pen against her clip board impatiently.

"A week ago you said to me 'Do you believe I'll never be too far'. If you're lost, just look for me you'll find me in the region of the summer stars ..."

Harry starts us off, "I think I'm gonna lose my mind. Something deep inside me, I can't give up. I think I'm gonna lose my mind. I roll and I roll 'til I'm out of luck. Yeah, I roll and I roll 'til I'm out of luck ..."

After we finished the song, we all looked at each other. Everyone in the room clapped as we were scurrying back to our seats.

"How do you think we did?" I whispered, with my finger tips on my bottom lip.

"We did great. Don't worry. You did great, hun." Harry whispered in my ear.

"Good job boys, thank you for ending class with a concert of sorts." Ms. Hayetta said. "You're all dismissed. Have a great afternoon."

"Hey, Louis!" I spun around and Harry looked back over his shoulder. Stacey was running up to our group. "You did a great job! All of you."

"Oh thanks." I smiled and she returned it. Harry glared at her.

"I forgot to return these to you." Stacey flipped open her bag and handed me my notes. "Thanks again."

"Yeah no problem."

"Also ... can I uhm ... talk to you for a sec? Alone ... ya know?" I looked at the group, they all shrugged. Harry had a blank expression, but Liam grabbed him and walked off. We walked toward a tree and she took in a breath.

"So, this Friday, there's a small masquerade party at Kapa Phi Sigma and I was wondering if you wanted to come?" Stacey was one of the newly 'sisters' in KPS. I'm assuming she needs to make sure people show up.

"Yeah sure. Is it alright if I bring a few friends?"

"Of course!" She wore a huge smile. "See ya Friday!"

I walked of catching back up with Harry, Liam, and Niall. "What did she want?" Harry mumbled.

"She asked if I had wanted to come to KPS' masquerade ball thing on Friday."

"As a date?" Harry furrowed his eyebrows.

"No no. I asked if I could bring a few friends. Besides she doesn't like me like that. Come on ... it's just Stacey!"

"Mhm. Just Stacey." Harry mocked and rolled his eyes.

Niall looked at me odd. "Then why did she ask you on your own? She could've asked us together?"

"I mean she doesn't talk to you guys so I'm assuming that's why. She's shy ya know? Plus, she probably had to ask a few people cause she's in the sorority." I shrugged.

Harry, Niall, and Liam looked at one another with doubtful expressions. "Yeah sure, Louis." Niall scoffed.

"You guys are annoying." I rolled my eyes.

"What's mine is mine." Harry joked and grabbed my hand.

"What're you—"

"Would you fancy attending a ball with me, o'high one." Harry joked as he bowed his head. What a dork I swear.

"Shut up." I flicked his forehead.

Niall and Liam started laughing as Harry swung his arm around me. "I'll take that as a yes."

"We'll since classes are done now, we're gonna leave you two alone. Harry's orders." Niall faced us and saluted. Liam did the same.

"Orders?" I questioned.

"I've said too much." Niall and Liam turned away and walked off.

"It's our anniversary, love, I wanted to be alone. I also had planned some stuff ..." Harry began to blush as we walked to his car.

"Aw. This is why I love you." His face only got redder. "So what are we doing?"

"You'll see." He grinned. He opened the passenger door for me and I smiled.

As we drove, I began to remember the streets we were on. I recognize this. Hiking trail? Aw ...

I guessed right. He parked in the same spot and held my hand as we squeezed through the unmarked entrance.

Oh. My. God.

There was a blanket laid on the ground with a basket, pillows, candles, a bouquet of assorted flowers (except roses ... he remembered that I hated roses ...), and a box with a bow on it.

"Harry ... you didn't ..."

He turned away shyly and grabbed my hand, bringing me to the set up. "I wanted to make sure it was special for you." Harry said softly. I kissed him and sat down.

We ate and joked about him forgetting to add drinks.

"You see ... I wasn't thinking clearly!" He said all frustrated.

"Don't even worry about it." I laughed. He was so cute.

"Oh. This is my gift to you." He set down the box in my lap. I unwrapped it and it was a necklace with the letter 'H'. No way.

I started laughing and I think he misunderstood why I was laughing because he looked embarrassed. "Look." I handed him a small box I had stashed in my jacket pocket. He unwrapped it and pulled out a silver necklace with the letter 'L' hanging from it. He smiled so wide.

"We really got each other the same gift ..." Harry chuckled.

"Great minds think alike." He leaned over and kissed me.

"Happy anniversary, Lou."

"Happy anniversary, Haz."

Vote/Fan/Share