Chapter 29: Plane Crash

[Sawyer's POV]

Katie drove us to the hospital. The hospital was, for some strange reason, extremely packed. The sirens of multiple ambulances gave me a headache. Joey, Katie, and I got out of the car and was close to being trampled. I was extremely confused.

Joey: "I wonder what happened."

Katie: "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you..." Joey and I looked over at her. "There was a plane crash a few hours ago.. I heard 300 people got injured."

Joey: "Woah"

We cautiously walked towards the entrance of the hospital. Joey stopped in his tracks and stared at a blonde girl who was being rushed inside the hospital.

Joey: "Is that..."

I stared at him. Did he know her? We slowly started to get closer and I could tell Joey's breathing was getting heavy. Once we were close enough to see who the girl was Joey realized it was his sister, Nicole.

Joey: "NICOLE!!"

Joey started screaming hysterically and ran towards her.

[Joey's POV]

At the moment, I didn't care about my condition of bruises and slashes across my own skin.

All I cared about was the girl that constantly called me "Broseph" whenever we saw each other or texted each other. My own sister.

Sawyer called out for me, but I didn't give a shit. A small voice though, was telling me to not follow Nicole's possibly lifeless body. I finally stop myself. I felt myself being tugged away from reality. Like I was somehow floating into the sky. Feeling lifeless. Feeling weightless.

..Because I feel like my only sister might die.

-Later-

I woke up on a chair, facing Nicole. She was just laying there, doing nothing at all. The slashes on my body began to ache as I shifted a bit. The door opened and Sawyer walked in with two bagels and one green smoothie. He handed me the green smoothie and one bagel.

Sawyer: "I knew you'd be awake by the time I came back."

Joey: "Thanks for bringing me.."

Sawyer: "Breakfast."

I nodded. We stayed quiet for a while and casually stared at Nicole's state.

Sawyer: "You were pretty hectic yesterday.."

Joey: "I realized.."

Sawyer: "Hey, I know it's not okay. I'm not going to even sugar-coat it."

Joey: "Thanks for not doing that." I took a bite out of my bagel, which was incredibly delicious.

Sawyer: "Tragedy after tragedy."

Joey: "That's how life is. It's always fucking people in the ass."

Sawyer: "I love how you still have your sense of humor."

Joey: "Hey, its better than being depressed."

Sawyer nodded and took a medium-sized bite out of his bagel. Small crumbs fell onto his lap. A doctor opened the door and quickly walked in. She shut the door behind her since there was a lot of commotion.

Doctor: "Hey guys! I'm Carmen. Carmen Elma. I'm going to be Nicole's doctor for the time being."

She walked over to both of us and shook our hands.

Doctor Carmen: "Well, Nicole has a complex concussion. Her brain may be affected by this. Nicole might have seizures at some points and bleeding .will possibly occur in her brain."

Complex concussion.

Joey: "Will she remember us?"

Doctor Carmen: "There's a slight chance." She paused. "When we diagnosed her just now, it showed she has little memory. She'll remember things soon, though."

I nodded. Great, my sister won't even remember me.

Doctor Carmen: "Joey, can I examine your bruises."

Joey: "I wasn't in the plane crash."

Doctor Carmen: "I know."

I lifted up my shirt and the doctor cautiously touched a scar. I winced

Doctor Carmen: "Joey, may you please explain where you got these scars from?"

I hesitated and looked oved at Sawyer. He nodded his head but I still decided not to tell her.

Joey: "Let's focus on Nicole."

______________________________________________________

Cherish <3 Ever heard of that JoeyGraceffa fan-fic? You probably have since, um, I'm always late on crap

Happy Belated Thanksgiving, Lol!

<3

May The Lovely Odds Be In Your Favor, Gooooodbye <3