Chapter 47: Promises

**Two Weeks Ago**

[Sawyer's POV]

I walk around the glass counters filled with rings.

"Why don't you buy that one?" Tyler asks as he points to a large diamond ring. I shake my head.

"I just want a promise ring. Not an engagement ring." I say as I continue to look through the glass.

"I don't understand what the hell a promise ring is." Tyler says. He looks at a boy walk past and licks his lips. "I'll be right back."'he says and walks away to the boy. I roll my eyes.

Alright, alone, picking out a promise ring for Joey and I.

After searching a couple glass counters, I find nothing that practically interests me.

"Crap." I whisper to myself.

Someone taps my shoulder. I look behind me. A girl wearing a lot of orange eyeshadow smiles at me with glossy red lips.

She reminds me of Lady Gaga.

(A/N- That sentence was mostly by me.)

"Need help?" She asks.

"Uh, yeah." I say.

"What'cha need?" She walks around the desk and puts her hand on the counter.

"Do you know what a promise ring is?" I ask, hoping she knew the answer. She smiled and she led me to a very small counter. She pointed to two rings, one was opal and the other was sapphire.

The color of our eyes.

There was a label next to it, but it was way too tiny for me to read.

"You can put a saying on the inside of the ring. It'd cost more, but I think you'll manage, right?" She says as she points to the rings with her orange tiger painted nails.

"I'll manage." I say confidently. Tyler comes back with a frown on a his face. The girl smiles at him and looks at his purple-blonde hair.

"Nice hair." She says. She looks at me. "Anyway, I'll get the forms." The girl leaves and I show Tyler the rings. He gasps.

"Holy sh-t. That's beautiful." He says, touching the glass softly as if it were the rings.

"Yeah.." I whisper. The girl comes back and sets the forms down. She hands me a black "Kay Jewelers Store" pen.

(A/N - Every kiss begins with Kay. Ding.)

"Just write down your name and what you want engraved into the ring." She says. I nod.

I fill out my name and all that and stumble onto the engraving part. I stare blankly at it. I quickly write down what will be engraved.

"Love Forever ~ Jawyer"

Tyler stares at what I put. He smiles.

"When you marry him, can I be your best man?" He asks.

...

...

After a four days, the rings arrive at home. Their both in two different cases, which was good.

I hold Joey's case. I examine them in my hands and hold it carefully.

I set down the case on the bed.

Joey walks in the room, smiles at me, and walks over to the bathroom. He shuts the door. How did he not see the small cases?

I hide the cases in my room, in my drawer, stuffed in multiple clothing. Joey won't be going through there. At least I don't think so.