Chapter 46: Look Behind You

[Joey's POV]

I stare blankly at my phone. I could feel Sawyer's eyes looking at me, confused. I want to throw it, but I don't want to break it.

"Baby?" Sawyer asks as he gets up to face me. I immediately show Nicole's text. "Oh.." He whispers. "Maybe it's not that."

"It definitely IS about that." I sigh.

Sawyer holds me and I snuggle close into him. I feel like crying, but the tears won't fall down.

"I'll go with you."'He says. I look at him.

"They'll yell at you."

"It's not like they're going to make me leave you."

(A/N- 'They're', meaning Joey's mom and dad.)

"What i-"

"Positive thoughts." He says and I shut up.

I can't think happily, knowing my parents are possibly extremely pissed.

"Text Nicole." Sawyer says as I tear away from him.

"Why?" I ask.

"Were going. Tell her to get us a flight."

I stare at him. Is he willing to face my parents like that? With so much confidence?

Did his parents react to us coming out?

"Did your parents say anything?" I ask. He nods.

"They're okay with it." He says, walking over to his computer. "Comments are still positive, Just a few are negative but, hey, whatever."

I nod.

He takes everything so well, yet I'm a freaking nervous wreck over what might be happening in Boston.

"I'm gonna go change, okay?" I nod.

He rushes upstairs and I'm left with Hitch. I bend down and look at him.

"All you have to worry about is eating, huh?" I say to him. He licks my hand and walks away.

I get up. Quickly, I send Nicole the text.

A few minutes later, Sawyer walks down the stairs with a black diamond shirt, black jeans, and silver shoes.

"I want a tattoo." I blurt out of the random. "Like, to represent us."

"I thought you said you'd never get one becaus-"

"I know. I forgot."

"We could get one if you'd like." He says, walking over to me and holding my hand. I shrug. "Did Nicole text you back?" I look at my phone, realizing I haven't even heard that she texted back.

//Nicole: Bought u guys the flights. 12:30 PST. Hotel or home to stay in?\\

"Um, yeah." I say to Sawyer, showing him the text. He nods.

"Tell her hotel." He says. "Just in case." I text her and Sawyer goes back upstairs. "It's 9:45 so we'll have to pack." He states.

I nod even though Sawyer isn't even looking at me. I walk upstairs and pack not a lot of stuff. We aren't going to be there for a long time. At least, I don't think.

Sawyer walks into the room. He kisses me on the cheek. Then, he leaves.

I don't know why, but that made me blush.

After a good 30 minutes of packing, Nicole texts me back.

//Nicole: Got u guys a hotel room.

It only has one bed, is that okay?\\