Chapter 61: "What Do I Name You?"

[Meghan's POV]

I sit in my car. I look at the window. I see a figure moving, then the curtains slightly move too. The figure seems slim and his hair, is that David's hair?

I sigh and brush my hair with my hands. I look at myself in the mirror and exit the car. I make my way towards the front door. Jimmy opens the front door as I near it.

"Meghan?" He asks, sounding innocent. I roll my eyes.

"Where's David?" I ask.

"Meghan, I think it's best that you'd not worry about him." He says. 'He moved on from you."

"Where's David?" I say again. He gives a long sigh. I push him out of my way and I enter. "David!?" I yell. I yell his name multiple times, nothing. I check all around the house. I begin to tear, but then David pops up in front of me.

"Meghan.." He whispers. I hug him without questioning him.

"For months, I haven't seen you." I say. "For months, David, for months." I repeat.

"I'm sorry I betrayed you." He tells me. Betray me? How did he betray exactly? How did he see this situation? "W-We have to go." He says, his eyes looking tired. My eyes are blurry from the small tears.

"Why?" I ask. I want to savor the moment of finding my brother that was cooped up in a house.

He pulls me through the house and out the front door. Surprisingly, Jimmy is nowhere to be found. I'm confused, yet I don't question what's going on.

David swings the car doors open, me in the driver's seat, him in the passenger seat.

"Where do we go?" I ask, beginning to pull out the driveway. Jimmy runs out the door. I quickly turn the steering wheel and make my way far from Jimmy.

"Home." He says. I nod and smile.

[Joey's POV]

I lay on the bed, my eyes open. The blank ceiling in front of me is a very boring sight. But, I don't take my eyes off of it. Sawyer walks in minutes later, holding a small cup and a bottle of alcohol. I mentally face palm myself.

"What are you doing with that?" I ask him.

"We.. are going to drink this." He pours the wine into the cup and hands the cup to me. I fix my position and take the cup from his seemingly delicate hands. I drink some of the wine. I could feel the liquid falling down my dry throat. It sort of burns. I don't complain, though. I give him back the cup, where he pours more alcohol. "I have an idea, how about you change into something fancy and come to the living room?"

I look at what he's wearing. He's in a blazer, a white shirt, and jeans. I smile and nod. He picks up the bottle of alcohol and the cup and takes it with him.

I get up, my body feeling ecstatic from the drink. I take a quick shower and change into something like Sawyer's outfit.

I go to the living room, which is very tidy-looking and clean. Sawyer sits at the small breakfast table near the window. I walk towards the table and sit down on the chair. The bottle is in the middle, actually next to a bottle of red wine.

Sawyer stares me down. He smiles and sets a hand down on the table. I place my hand on top of his.

"Why'd you do this?" I ask Sawyer.

"Because, maybe, uh, I don't know, love you?" He smirks.

"But really, though. You're doing this for some reason, I know it."

"Maybe, I want you to accept me going to college."

"Oh." Is all I say.

It's okay that he wants to go. If he feels the need to go, then he can. It's just, the thought of not seeing him, scares me. I can't go with him because he might live on an on-campus dormitory. I can't intrude, I think. Maybe I should just let him go to the college. If he's happy, I'm happy.