Chapter 38: Running Away

[Joey's POV]

I now have to juggle with two relationships.

Jatrific and Jawyer.

I think Cat knows, or is just plain oblivious to the fact, that I'm with Sawyer. I don't think it dawned on her at all.

I kissed Cat and said goodbye and to text me later. She agreed and I quickly left. I'm currently in need of Sawyer's affection.

I feel like a slutty whore.

I hopped in Satsuki, instantly feeling the need to cry. I shook off the feeling and drove home.

...

...

As soon as I arrived, Sawyer was outside on his phone with a worried look. I locked my car, which caught Sawyer's attention.

Sawyer: "Joey!" He smiled and hugged me as soon as I was near him. "Where'd you go?"

Joey: "Um, Cat's."

Sawyer: "You didn't tell me you were leaving.."

Joey: "It was an emergency that needed to be taken care of."

Sawyer: "Hm, okay."

For the rest of the night (since it was 10 already), Nicole, Sawyer, and I were happily watching movies, chatting, and joking around. I tried to hide the fact that I was secretly, I don't know, cheating. I don't think either of them suspects a thing, which is good.

Cat texted me multiple times, telling me she missed me and loved me. I would just awkwardly reply and set my phone down.

What if I have to deal with this everyday? I don't think I could do that.

After about two hours, we all went to bed. Sawyer slept in my room with me and Nicole slept in Sawyer's room.

I stayed awake. I couldn't sleep at all. I snuggled with Sawyer and wrapped my arms on his waist. I could hear his quiet snores.

I got my phone out and started texting Cat.

//Joey: Meet me somewhere?\\

Cat quickly replied back.

Catrific: //Starbucks?\\

Joey: //You think their open?\\

Catrific://Might as well see\\

I slowly left Sawyer's side. I put on a gray sweater and dark blue pants. I put my phone in my pocket. I grabbed my wallet, and all also put it in my pocket.

I looked at Sawyer, who was clearly sleeping up a storm. I don't think he'll wake up while I'm gone.

...

...

I arrived at Starbucks, which was open. Cat was sitting by a table, obviously waiting for me. I sat at the table and Cat kissed my cheek. I decided to fake a smile.

Cat: "Why'd you invite me out at 12?"

Joey: "Couldn't sleep.."

Cat: "Or you missed me."

Joey: "Let's get some drinks."

We both got our drinks and talked about random stuff. She led me out of Starbucks with our drinks. I followed her somewhere and she showed me a park. We sat down on a bench. We stayed quiet in the dark. A few people passed by. Cat held my hand and laid her head on my shoulder.

I wanted to cry. Why couldn't I just say 'No, Cat, I'm with Sawyer.' ? Now, I'm stuck with having to deal with two relationships. Shit.

Cat snuggled against me and I suddenly felt uncomfortable.

Joey: "I-I gotta go, Cat."

Cat: "What? Why?"

Joey: "Uh, It's sort of late, y'know."

Cat: "Aw okay, well, see you tomorrow, love."

She said "love". It instantly reminded me of my one and only, Sawyer.

Joey: "Bye, Cat."

Cat: "Love you." And I sped away.

[Later]

I didn't go home. I just stayed out the whole night. Sunrise was starting and I still wasn't home. I didn't plan on going home at all right now.

Here I go again, running away from my problems.But right now, I don't care.

I could go all the way to New York, if I wanted to.

New York.

I smiled. Maybe I could run away there.

I took my phone out and looked at the available flights for New York.

The most recent flight available is at 9:45 P.M. I have money and I think I can go on the flight. It's 9, right now and the airport isn't far from where I am.

[Sawyer's POV]

I woke up with no Joey next to me. I guess he must already be up, I got out of bed, showered, changed into a random outfit, brushed my teeth, and went downstairs. I expected Joey to be in the kitchen, preparing something, but he wasn't there.

Sawyer: "Joey?"

No answer.

Sawyer: "Joey!?"

Nothing.. Soon enough, Nicole walks down the stairs, rubbing her eye.

Nicole: "Why're you yelling 'Joey'?"

Sawyer: "He's not here."

Nicole: "Hey, don't worry about it. He'll probably be back in an hour or something. He's probably in WholeFoods."

Sawyer: "He would have left a note."

Nicole: "You're paranoid."

I shook my head and grabbed my phone, which was on the counter. I texted Joey, expecting him to quickly text me back.

Nothing.

The fuck?

[Joey's POV]

I called a cab to take me to the airport. I was there in less than five minutes. I entered the airport and got my ticket. I thought over what I was doing.

I'm just going to clear my head for a few days, then I'll be back.

I won't go on Twitter, Youtube, or Facebook. Let's just say, I'm taking a break from the world.

It's what I want, and it's what I need.

Best idea ever, I think.

A booming voice on the speaker began to talk, annoucing that the flight to New York was ready. I nodded and began walking.

No luggages, no goodbyes, no nothing.

I'm just leaving.

____________________________________________________________________________

Hello. :3

I decided..this had to happen.

Why?

I don't know.

But, trust me, this is a VERY positive thing :)

Question Of The Day: How do you think Sawyer will react to Joey leaving/running away unexpectedly?

MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR!! GOODBYE! <3

P.S- I'm uploading frequently because of school next week.

xP