Chapter 25 | The move

~Jack's POV~

"Just a few more boxes." I said tiredly to Mark. "We've been packing literally all day, can we rest for a minute?" he asked. "I guess so. I'm starting to get hungry anyway." I said. After taping the box I currently had closed, I set down the tape despenser and headed for my phone. "Want a pizza?" I asked. "Sure, sounds great." Mark said from another room. So I order the pizza then set my phone down on the counter. I sit in a chair in the kitchen and lay my head down. "Hey, have you heard from either of the girls today? Neither of them will answer my messages." Mark askes walking into the kitchen. "Haven't texted either of them yet today. Although it is only 2pm here so that'd make it... 8am over there. I wouldn't be surprised if they're still sleeping." I point out, still face first in my folded arms. "True. I shouldn't worry about it I guess. When's that pizza coming?" he asks. "10 more minutes. So we should finish packing while we wait." I suggest.

*Time skip*

~Mark's POV~

We had just finished up the last of the packing when we hear a knock at the door. "I got it." Jack says, hopping up and running to the door. Suddenly my phone buzzes. A text from Kara!

K: Hello there Mark.

That's kind of odd. She usually doesn't send a message like that.

M: Kara?

K: Who else would it be, silly?

M: Alright. How are you guys? :)

K: Great. Well, now anyway.

M: What do you mean?

Then she stops texting me after that. Something seemed off, so I tried to call her.

Ring...

Ring...

Ring...

Ugh, nothing. Now I'm starting to worry. While I'm deep in thought Jack walks in with the pizza and sets it on the counter. "Dinner is served, sir." Jack says in his best Italian accent. "Why thank you, fine sir." I say in a horrible accent.