Chapter 28 | Precious lives

~Hannah's POV~

I slowly begin to open my eyes. Everything is blurry but I notice a a sliver of light gleaming from a crack in the ceiling, so I blink a few times to get my vision back. I try to get up but notice that my hands are cuffed to a pipe and my feet are bound together with rope. I turn my head and notice Kara was right next to me but still out cold. "Kara? Kara..?" I nudged her with my shoulder. She groaned quietly but eventually came to her senses. "Huh..?" she says looking around. "Wait, what is this? What are we doing here?" she says frantically. "I don't know but we need to figure a way out of here." I say. Suddenly a familiar skinny black haired woman walks in front of us, it was Kristen. "Oh, that won't be necessary. You see, we can't just let you go." She says deviously. "No one said we were asking. We are going to get out of here one way or another!" Kara yelled angrily. Kristen snickered. "You hear that Alyx? They seriously think they can leave. How cute." Then another skinny woman with brown hair walked forward. "Quite." she mumbled. "Jack and Mark will be coming for us, so don't expect to get out of this without a fight." I say loudly. "Oh we know. We told them where we were." Alyx says. "What? That doesn't make any sense. Why would you tell them where you were if you're going to kidnap someone?" Kara asked. "Well, since you're not going to be leaving here alive I might as well tell you your fates." Kristen said with a smile. "It's a trap. We're going to lore them here and hold them here too. After that we'll take your precious lives and make them ours. Alyx wants Mark and I get Jack." she said excitedly. Every word she said made me slightly concerned but angry nonetheless. I turn to Kara and noticed she has a furious expression and flaming anger in her eyes. I look over at Kara and whisper. "They're coming for us, right?" I ask. "Of course they are. We can't loose hope." she whispers back. I nod and look back at the cuffs. Surely there's a way out?

~Jack's POV~

"Alright, here it is." I say pointing to the old looking building. "Yeah I think that's the one." Mark answers. "Ok let's go then!" I say starting to take off. "Wait, we need to find a quiet way in. If we just bust in we could be risking them." he points out, and I nod. "I hate it when you're right." I mumble. "How about we just split up and take a while to look around to find ways in?" Mark suggests. "We could but what if they're outside waiting?" I ask. "Fine, we'll go together but we need to be really quiet." he says and heads towards the building.