29

Elisa/Kelsey's POV

I opened my eyes and saw I was in the Mikaelson's courtyard. Trying to move, I found that my hands were restrained, causing me to huff in annoyance.

I looked over and saw Marcel approaching me. "What do you want, Marcel? I killed you to get the Mikaelson's on my side, what more do you want to know?" He circled me before standing before me.

"You see, I thought you were doing that, but when I thought about it, I wondered why my most trustworthy witch wouldn't tell me where they were a few hours later?" He bent down, his facial expression cold. "Unless my most trustworthy witch isn't present at the moment". A lump formed in my throat, and I felt my stomach tighten.

"I don't know what you mean" I denied, causing him to pull my head back by my hair. "You know exactly what I mean. Now you are going to tell me who you really are and what the hell you're doing inhabiting Kelsey's body or so help me I will put you through unexplainable pain and torture!"

I smirked at him, causing him to turn and grab a knife. Before I could react he stabbed it into my hand, causing me to scream. As a vampire, this wouldn't have hurt as much and would have healed quickly, but as a human, this was something unbearable. I watched blood flow from the wound as Marcel pulled out the sharp object, lining it up with my other hand. "Wanna give in yet?" He asked.

As much as it hurt, I wasn't going to reveal my true identity to him. "I could do this all day" I grinned, before he forced the knife into my other hand.

-------------------

After lots of torture, Marcel left me alone in the courtyard, weak from the blood that I'd lost. My vision was blurred and I struggled to be able to lift my neck, seen as it had gashes on it.

Footsteps approached and I slowly looked up to see the vampire which was supposed to be guarding me standing over my fragile form.

"Sorry, cutie. But I've been stuck over there for ages desperate for a snack and you look delicious" he said before extending his fangs. I waited to feel them piercing into my neck, but that never happened. Instead, I looked up to see the vampire being held up from behind, someone's hand in his chest, pulling out his heart. The body dropped to the floor, and my heart skipped a beat when I saw my rescuer. Kol.

"Sorry, mate. She's mine" he told the body before beginning to undo the ropes on my wrists. "Kol? What are you doing here?" I struggled to get the words out, my body limp from the amount of blood I'd lost. He finished and grabbed my face, helping me look at him.

"Because I promised I'd always catch you, darling". I looked into his chocolates eyes and smiled, realising he knew. "I missed you so much" I whispered before beginning to fall out the chair. Before I fell to the ground, Kol scooped me up into his arms, carrying me bridal style. "It's okay, I've got you" he whispered before turning around.

We were about to leave but our path was blocked by Marcel. His fangs were bare and his yes we're red. "You're not going anywhere" he growled.

"Actually, I think you'll find they are". At the entrance of the courtyard stood Klaus, smirking.

Rebekah waltzed into the open space, heading towards Marcel. Once she was close enough, she punched him straight in the face. "You hurt my family you bastard. I told you that if you knew what was good for you, you shouldn't hurt me, and you did". I could see how mad she was at him.

"Look, I'm sorry, Rebekah. But this is my home..." She cut him off by kicking him across the room. "THIS IS OUR HOME!" She shouted.

I saw my vision blurring even more. God, being human was so difficult.

"Look, Marcel. We could all live in peace here. We could be allies. The only thing standing in the way of that is you and Klaus' conflict. So you two are going to sit and talk it out or so help me I will rip you both to shreds" she glared at them both. Marcel looked at Klaus in almost defeat before gesturing him to enter the courtyard.

Kol's POV

"Kol, go and get her healed up" Elijah said, coming in behind him. I nodded my head and rushed off with her in my arms.

I took her to our old bedroom, laying her down on the bed. Biting my wrist, I put it to her mouth, gesturing her to drink. She did so, looking at me in the process.

Once she was done, she sat up, her face brightening up slightly. "So, long time no see" she awkwardly said. I laughed under my breath, grabbing her hand and holding it in mine.

"Why'd you lie to me, Elisa?" I asked, hearing her sigh. "Because your family needed you more than me. I wanted you to die happy and with hope. I'm sorry, Kol. But I was terrified of hurting you" she confessed. I pulled her into a hug. Although it felt different because she was in a different body, it was still her. "So where's your real body?"

"It's hidden in a coffin in the cemetery. It's still infected by Marcel's bite though so I can't get back into it unless there's someone there who can heal me quickly. I kinda did the body jump spell at the last minute" she giggled.

I brushed a strand of her hair out of her face before grabbing her cheek. Slowly, I leaned in, her doing the same until we were kissing. It got heated very quickly as she swiped her tongue across my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I granted her it, feeling her explore my body's it's her hands. I pushed her back on the bed so I was hovering over her, my hands above her head to stop me collapsing on her.

Eventually, I pulled away smiling. "As much as I enjoy kissing you, I'd rather get you back in your true form, darling" I smiled, causing her to laugh before pushing me off of her. "We best go and see how Marcel and Klaus' bonding is going" she said before pecking me on the lips one more time.

Words could not describe how happy I was to have Elisa back in my life, even if she wasn't in her own body.