Prologue

I hate him. I hate him. I. H.A.T.E H.I.M.

I hate seeing his stupid grin and that twinkle in his eyes when I shut my eyes. I hate seeing him. I hate thinking about him. I hate talking to him. I hate talking about him. I hate everything about him.

But I love it all. I love that stupid grin and the twinkle in his eyes that I can see every moment of my life. I love seeing him. I love thinking about him. I love talking to him. I love talking about him. It all makes me happy. I love everything about him. Even his flaws.

I'm okay with the fact that he broke my heart. But at the same time, I'm not. I just want him but I can't have him. My mind is telling me to let him go but my heart has a grip on him. As proven, my mind is smarter than my heart.

I'm only eighteen... I shouldn't be going through heartbreaks. Or at least that's what my mother told me before she decided to leave me for her new family.

He's twenty-three and acts like a grown man but breaks a girl's heart like he is a sixteen-year-old. He doesn't know how to treat a girl.

The income that, that man is bringing into his home... That's not how he should be bringing in the money. It's not a steady job. It's not a career. But also it's painful for me to watch what happens to him and his enemy.

I sit here suffering from my own pain... but that doesn't matter to me. All that matters to me is if he is in pain even though he says he doesn't feel pain...

But as I sit on this couch and watch him cover up the bruises and cuts that his enemy has left on him after tonight and the night before... and the night before that. I try to hold my tears back from everything that's going through my mind. From when he first walked into my uncle's business party up to this very moment.

"Evan..." I murmur. He looks at me with those big brown eyes that make me melt every single time. I look away from him, trying to make this less hard for me.

"I can't do this anymore." As I say the words, tears begin to form.

He stands up and walks over to me. His face is still bloody. His figure towering over, making him intimidating.

"Hazel, you don't want to do this." His voice cracks a bit. If I didn't know him, I'd think he actually had a heart.

I stand up quickly when I feel the first salty tear come down to the corner of my mouth. That taste makes me want to cry even more. I open the door of his studio apartment and leave him there standing and watching me walk out of his life.

__________________

Hope you enjoy the beginning! (:

Vote and I'll vote back! I promise! But that's up to you. 

Smile, you're beautiful